*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
might be worth going in store and asking about your download speed - leaving out the 3rd party bit :) they can fix it right then and there iirc

Well, hopefully this will be the last month that I have this phone (shiny new Note2 ordered on contract!).

If I'm still getting poor download speeds though I'll do just that - thanks!

Associate
Afaik, white in stock in some stores, no stock online, and no stock of grey in stores.

Three are selling the Note II at either
  1. £499 + £15 or £10 PAYG
  2. Or £31 to £44pm for 24months +upfront costs

I'm thinking of grabbing a grey Note II from somewhere and grabbing a 12 rolling from Three with unlimited data, as i have had great coverage with them on my iphone.

Edit: Are people expecting the price to reduce closer to november/christmas ?

Just ordered a white one on the phone. Delivery on Wednesday. Grey is out of stock and not known when it will be available.

Soldato
Trying to drain it now - streaming some bluetooth music and got an hour long phone call at 3 - screen time is over 3hrs - not bad for first non full charge :D

Soldato
I really hate the fact Samsung don't make all options available at launch. Very limited grey versions available, no 32gb/64gb. Games nowadays (especially Gameloft games) are taking over 1GB each, some almost 2GB and it would be nice to not constantly have to move game data to the memory card.

The phone itself looks amazing, but I will sit tight until the prices are a bit better and Grey is more readily available. I doubt we will see any 32GB/64GB versions for months though.

Associate
Cancelled my order with Digital-Phone. The guy on CS asked where had stock, I told him Handtec :p
Bit cheeky that they took the money as soon as I had made the order, rather than pre-authorising it like they said they would in the confirmation email. The guy was well aware on the problem though..

Re-ordered through Handtec for tomorrow :D

Soldato
From T-Mobile

Stella: To be honest the Samsung galaxy S3 online is not compatible with 4G
Stella: The new Samsung s3 LTE will be launching soon
Robert: Yes i know, but they are realising an updated S3 later this year with LTE
Stella: Yes you are right
Robert: There are rumours that the Note 2 already has LTE but no operater has been able to confirm or deny it yet
Stella: Yes it is LTE
Stella: Samsung galaxy Note 2 is a 4G compatible phone
Robert: Interesting! Thanks for that

You know, despite the reduction of the res of the screen, i've been warming up to this phone again in the last few days.

Soldato
^^^ Again, it is almost certainly an "LTE compatible" phone, but unless it is compatible with the 1800Mhz band that EE is using, then it is not going to be compatible with the upcoming LTE network in the UK. The pre-launch specs for the Note2 mentioned 4G on a 700Mhz bandwidth, which is of no use in the UK.

I hope (and expect) that a different version of the Note2 will arrive which is compatible with the EE network. When it will appear is anyone's guess though...

Soldato
Just wondered into my local 3 store & they had one in stock, so as my contract was up got one as a free upgrade. :D

My it's big!!
Can't wait to get home tonight & try it out.

Associate
I really hate the fact Samsung don't make all options available at launch. Very limited grey versions available, no 32gb/64gb. Games nowadays (especially Gameloft games) are taking over 1GB each, some almost 2GB and it would be nice to not constantly have to move game data to the memory card.

The phone itself looks amazing, but I will sit tight until the prices are a bit better and Grey is more readily available. I doubt we will see any 32GB/64GB versions for months though.

The note 2 will be my first android phone. Whats so bad about having data on memory card as supposed to onboard? Is it slower? Is it a hassle as you have to do it manually? Whyz?

Soldato
The note 2 will be my first android phone. Whats so bad about having data on memory card as supposed to onboard? Is it slower? Is it a hassle as you have to do it manually? Whyz?

There's nothing bad about it tbh it's just an inconvenience. I seem to use up the internal memory super quick these days as game files are so big, so for me 32GB would be better.

Soldato
There's nothing bad about it tbh it's just an inconvenience. I seem to use up the internal memory super quick these days as game files are so big, so for me 32GB would be better.

'cos you can't install game data to external storage - only onboard.

It would be very cool if the phone would 'merge' all your data space into one like my Cowon MP3 player does.

16Gb + 16Gb Mirco sd card = Your phone just sees 32Gb in total and uses it as such

Back
Top Bottom