*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Also can you time a full charge, cheers.

The battery is 3100mA.hr, operating at 3.7V; this is 11.47W.hr.

So, with a 10W charge, you're looking at a theoretical charge time (from zero to 100%) of 1.147hrs; roughly 69mins.

Actual charge times should be fairly close to this with a high quality charger, so expect to charge for about an hour from a near-flat (~10%) battery.

Soldato
Realistically I cant see me charging it for a while :D

By the looks of the graph you posted earlier, you're looking at ~9hrs of usage for a full battery load (you dropped ~30% in ~3hrs). Now I assume that you've been pushing it quite hard given that it's a new toy :)D), and you've had wi-fi on for the whole time, so that's really not too bad IMO!

Associate
It CAN DO 27Mbps, though you rarely approach that speed in practice. On my 3G HSDPA connection (T-mobile) I almost never see more than ~250Kb/s download speeds (equivalent to 2Mbps).

*hopefully* 4G will have higher bandwidth and lower contention ratios (at least at first), allowing faster speeds to be obtained reliably.

i was with tmob last year and got way more than that. are you being put on the slow lane as (i assume) you got the phone through someone other than t-mobile direct?

back then if you had a droid from a 3rd party you had 1GB instead of 3 and were on the slow lane as opposed to the 1MB/sec + lane. i had to go instore to query and blag my way through :o

p.s

saw this phone in grey at my local carphone. ripoff prices though. i want this but am waiting for sensible pricing - maybe in a month or so.

p.s the white one next to the grey looks awful! the video player working in a window was kinda kewl :)

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea if Three are selling it Sim free? Gonna go down this afternoon

Afaik, white in stock in some stores, no stock online, and no stock of grey in stores.

Three are selling the Note II at either
  1. £499 + £15 or £10 PAYG
  2. Or £31 to £44pm for 24months +upfront costs

I'm thinking of grabbing a grey Note II from somewhere and grabbing a 12 rolling from Three with unlimited data, as i have had great coverage with them on my iphone.

Edit: Are people expecting the price to reduce closer to november/christmas ?

Soldato
I'm guessing 1.5 to 2hrs in reality. Teledude will reveal all :)

*Shrug*

No reason it should be too far off the theoretical value when using a new battery and new charger. Charging a battery is quite a thermodynamically efficient process.

If it takes longer than 90mins then it indicates that the charger is not delivering 10W.

i was with tmob last year and got way more than that. are you being put on the slow lane as (i assume) you got the phone through someone other than t-mobile direct?

The original contract was through a third party. For the past 5 months or so I've been on a rolling monthly contract direct from T-mobile. In both cases I've had 750Mb data and get downloads speeds of ~250Kb/s. I used to get a similar upload speed on the old contract, but on the rolling contract my upload speed is now over 1Mb/s (?!).

Last edited:
Associate
The original contract was through a third party. For the past 5 months or so I've been on a rolling monthly contract direct from T-mobile. In both cases I've had 750Mb data and get downloads speeds of ~250Kb/s. I used to get a similar upload speed on the old contract, but on the rolling contract my upload speed is now over 1Mb/s (?!).

might be worth going in store and asking about your download speed - leaving out the 3rd party bit :) they can fix it right then and there iirc

Back
Top Bottom