*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Nope but im on quick ics browser :)

Thanks samsung!! :D

Congrats on becoming a Dropbox Guru! We've awarded you 48 GB of bonus space for the next 24 months! You now have 73.75 GB on Dropbox. To get even more space, check out our upgrade options.

Thanks again for supercharging your Samsung device with Dropbox!

Soldato
Nope but im on quick ics browser :)

So, how do you go "back" when browsing?

... The back button is probably the one I use the most. Given that there's room to the left and right of the physical "home" button, it would have been nice to see a physical 'back' button. But failing that, an on-screen one should be essential!

Soldato
So, how do you go "back" when browsing?

... The back button is probably the one I use the most. Given that there's room to the left and right of the physical "home" button, it would have been nice to see a physical 'back' button. But failing that, an on-screen one should be essential!

Yes sorry. Right of home is back and left is menu :)

Associate
Ahh I'm pleased to hear people liking it already. Couldn't find anything on the tech news sites and so thought I'd check here for those who already got one :p.

I'm probably going to get hold of one in the next week, though I'm somewhat disappointed that it's not 4G, if there is no 4G version coming to the UK.

Wish EE would release some contract prices. Between 4G S3 and Note II now at the moment and not sure which to get.

Soldato
I'm probably going to get hold of one in the next week, though I'm somewhat disappointed that it's not 4G, if there is no 4G version coming to the UK.

It seems that a 4G version will be available "soon", on contract, through T-mobile or Orange. No idea about SIM free 4G versions.

Wish EE would release some contract prices. Between 4G S3 and Note II now at the moment and not sure which to get.

It'll be a few weeks before we see any 4G contracts from EE. It seems like you can expect to pay £10 per month over and above existing contract prices, for 4G initially. You will also need to be in one of the 16 supported cities to get 4G in 2012.

Soldato
are these phones actually in stores NOW? if i went into down at lunch time is there any chance of them being in store so I can buy one?

Associate
is there any 100% true info about 4g yet?

also, the way i see it, if the 3g is decent then apart from more power usage from the 4g radio - what's the diff? lower latency on 4g i think but 3g can do 27ish Mbps so why is 4g such a big deal?

Soldato
is there any 100% true info about 4g yet?

also, the way i see it, if the 3g is decent then apart from more power usage from the 4g radio - what's the diff? lower latency on 4g i think but 3g can do 27ish Mbps so why is 4g such a big deal?

It CAN DO 27Mbps, though you rarely approach that speed in practice. On my 3G HSDPA connection (T-mobile) I almost never see more than ~250Kb/s download speeds (equivalent to 2Mbps).

*hopefully* 4G will have higher bandwidth and lower contention ratios (at least at first), allowing faster speeds to be obtained reliably.

Back
Top Bottom