*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Any chance that going third party gets lower data speeds with T-Mobile? Very tempted by that deal myself.

Not sure... However, earlier in the thread it was suggested that if you have slow speeds then you can get "upgraded" by going into a T-mobile shop and asking.

Apparently, a friend of mine informed me that all the S3's in the UK will be 4G. All the S3's had the 4412 Exynos chip installed prior to mass production.

Your friend was talking from his rectum. The CPU / chipset has nothing to do with the 4G frequency.

A compatible LTE version of the S3 will be needed for 4G on the EE network. They're not out yet.

im still on an S2 :(

just trying to convince myself to wait for 4G deal from orange

i'm on my trusty SGS2 as well. don't want orange though, bad experiences in the past. i'm thinking of trying 3 out. won't take more than an 18 month contract though so may end up having to buy the phone outright and buying a separate package for minutes and data.

well i have been with orange since i can remember and not really had any complaints

the question for me is, will i get a better deal if i wait and get one on a plan direct from orange (hopefully with 4G)

or a better deal buying the phone and going for a sim only deal

Not sure... However, earlier in the thread it was suggested that if you have slow speeds then you can get "upgraded" by going into a T-mobile shop and asking.

Your friend was talking from his rectum. The CPU / chipset has nothing to do with the 4G frequency.

A compatible LTE version of the S3 will be needed for 4G on the EE network. They're not out yet.

No, I mean the chip. For example, the chip placed in the phones by carriers in the US don't allow for Samsung (and HTC) phones to work on their 4G spectrum with the Quad-Core processor. Hence, the need for Dual-Core.

However, for the Note 2 and S3, Samsung have created a chip so that it'll work with the Exynos proccessor, and no carrier modifications means, no change of chip.

Hmm, still running a Desire HD here and was either going to go for the HTC One X or SGS III but now this.

Hmmmm.

No, I mean the chip. For example, the chip placed in the phones by carriers in the US don't allow for Samsung (and HTC) phones to work on their 4G spectrum with the Quad-Core processor. Hence, the need for Dual-Core.

However, for the Note 2 and S3, Samsung have created a chip so that it'll work with the Exynos proccessor, and no carrier modifications means, no change of chip.

samsung made the exynos for prev phones too. in the US they have CDMA as well as GSM which puts a wrench in the works.

if they weren't so stupid over there and standardised a system (like GSM pretty much everywhere else really) then the international phone would work fine. they even have different 3G freqs too iirc.

I'm going to buy a grey note 2 and sell the white one.

I just sold the extra note 2 for £580 to a guy that lives in the UK and
could get it cheaper.

I do believe white will look better with accessories but grey looks better stand alone.

Incidently one thing I hate about this version software is the grey status bar.
Why Samsung? it's horrible next to the black on my S3.

The keyboard is much improved over ICS as well.

Lol ive got a white note and a black cover coming :)

Must say the radio on this is much improved from my old one x, hasnt dropped HSDPA once yet on my train to london bridge :D

How are you chaps finding the S-pen? I've changed mine to dominant left handed but still find it a little in-accurate sometimes. I've read you can calibrate the Note 1 pen but not sure about the note 2.

Back
Top Bottom