*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
I think I will go for white and upgrade with tmobile and get full monty...

Can I use skype on full monty ?

or shall I go with three one plan ?

Thanks

Soldato
I noticed that too...

Well, I'll wait until Monday. If buy mobiles have a firm date for shipping then, I'll stick with them. If not, I'll consider somewhere else.

That unlimited 36 pound deal I got has actually gone to free handset price from 15 on mobilesdirect.co.uk. It still looks like there charging me the 15 it was when I ordered though! I've sent them an email about it. Bit unfair if it hasn't even dispatched yet and others are getting the handset for free... even if it is just 15 quid.

Soldato
That unlimited 36 pound deal I got has actually gone to free handset price from 15 on mobilesdirect.co.uk. It still looks like there charging me the 15 it was when I ordered though! I've sent them an email about it. Bit unfair if it hasn't even dispatched yet and others are getting the handset for free... even if it is just 15 quid.

Give them a call... I wouldn't re-order though, as you'll undoubtedly lose your place in the queue.

I'm still somewhat tempted by the Full Monty deal. 2000 minutes is a waste for me though - I won't even use the 300. But unlimited data might be nice...

Associate
I re-ordered with the other site (mobiles direct) and there saying 4 days for the Grey, straight away for white.

Just placed an order for the white Note 2 from these too. GF has the S3 in white and it looks pretty good. I not really liking the grey to be honest.

Also ordered a white hard case and some screen protectors from Mobile fun, the case linked on ebay from hong kong looks great but i cant wait upto 2 weeks for delivery, may order one later in the week if i don't like the mobilefun case.

Just need to get myself a 64GB memery card now, my current 16GB in my S2 is about full, and i've restricted what i've put on there already.

What 64GB card???

Also got £30 cashback from topcashback.

Soldato
Just placed an order for the white Note 2 from these too. GF has the S3 in white and it looks pretty good. I not really liking the grey to be honest.

Also ordered a white hard case and some screen protectors from Mobile fun, the case linked on ebay from hong kong looks great but i cant wait upto 2 weeks for delivery, may order one later in the week if i don't like the mobilefun case.

Just need to get myself a 64GB memery card now, my current 16GB in my S2 is about full, and i've restricted what i've put on there already.

What 64GB card???

Also got £30 cashback from topcashback.

Sandisk from the rainforest - about 40quid delivered :)

Associate
I was under the impression that according to allaboutsamsung.de, the Note 2 LTE for the European market will debut in mid November, i.e. 1.5 months after the 3G version.

http://translate.googleusercontent....ember/&usg=ALkJrhiPJvxVaGlepGtgwxpdVAFIQblM_g

The question for me is which bands will the phone support. From a UK perspective, it would be best if it supported the soon to be auctioned 800/2600MHz bands that carriers will implement next year. Additionally, if it supports 1800MHz (as the EE iPhone 5 does), we could in theory use it on EE, and 3 and Virgin as well as they are also buying 4G bandwidth from EE soon.

What are the chances of that? Small I think, there may be a clue in the S3 LTE.

According to the same site the S3 LTE is Euro169 more expensive than the standard model, but there is some confusion over the bands, currently I think it only supports 1800MHz.

Soldato
Give them a call... I wouldn't re-order though, as you'll undoubtedly lose your place in the queue.

I'm still somewhat tempted by the Full Monty deal. 2000 minutes is a waste for me though - I won't even use the 300. But unlimited data might be nice...

Yeah I'm the same with my minutes from 250-500 a month. It's just nice not to have to worry about going over any limits or keep track of it for the sake of an extra fiver :).

Soldato
Man just called Chitter Chatter and I could have had a note2 2moro but in WHITE! WANT GREY!

46 X 24mths - free phone....but half price with F&F. Damn you Samsung you stupid *****! :D

Soldato
I just noticed that the deal I want (300mins, 1.5Gb, £31pm) now has only a £9 upfront cost from mobiles direct. Very tempting to re-order from them now, since they have a "firm" shipping date.

Yeah I'm the same with my minutes from 250-500 a month. It's just nice not to have to worry about going over any limits or keep track of it for the sake of an extra fiver :).

I rarely go over 100 mins or so... Most of the time I'm taking incoming calls, and the ones I make tend to be short and to-the-point. But if I was using the amount you are, the Full Monty deal would be a no-brainer.

Soldato
I'm thinking I should just order the White on contract...sell the phone for say £500 and just buy a grey one for £530. Hmmm need a guaranteed buyer first ;)

Associate
I just noticed that the deal I want (300mins, 1.5Gb, £31pm) now has only a £9 upfront cost from mobiles direct. Very tempting to re-order from them now, since they have a "firm" shipping date.

That's the deal i opted for. Was waiting for buymobilephones.net to get stock in as they offer the phone free on this contract. But i don't mind paying the extra £9 for the phone (think it was £30 yesterday).

Last edited:
Soldato
First impressions, I'm very impressed with it. set it up last night & it seems stupidly fast compared with my old Sensation XE.

So far doing a little browsing & couple of texts its used 7% of the battery in 9 hours :D
Sure that will drop when I start hammering it!

Back
Top Bottom