*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Tea Drinker
Don
The closest SIM only from Vodafone is £15.50 x 24 + 530 = 902
MPD have offered me £33 x 24 + 39.99 = 831
831 - 530 = 302/24 = 12.58 pm, is there a sim only plan that can get me unlimited minutes unlimited text + 1gb data + 1gb cloud or whatever mobile wifi vodafone do for that?

Soldato
galaxynote2.jpg

You have just confirmed for me I'm waiting for the Grey, it looks VERY nice! :)

Associate
I'm selling my white on eBay. Already at £509 so it will cover the cost of grey from handtec tomorrow.

Why am I selling white? Because I already have a white iPhone and I don't want two white phones. As I said before I think white will look much better with official Samsung flip covers if they get released ever :p but that grey looks better stand alone.

Soldato
Forgot to mention that this phone is valued for £420 by networks.
CPW start price was for me 419.99 and as tmobile is giving me £420 credit for phone, I would get it for free.
So is it £100 profit for retailers?

Associate
questions chaps

on these bigger phones is there an option to shrink text size? even on my lowly SGS2 everything is too big by default so i have to change the dpi or res or whatever that option is from 240 to 160. then everything looks right.

when i saw the note 2 everything on screen looked huge. like someone with a 24" monitor but left the res at something tiny so everything looks huge

Soldato
All of the pictures are of the front of the phone at the same angle every time. Any chance of some diff angles and especially a pic of the back of the phone? Sometimes the lighting makes the phones look completely different is all.

Thanks folks enjoy the phones :)

Associate
Got mine last night! Still on its original charge out the box :p
I have mine in white but looking for a nice case, anyone found a decent one yet?

Associate
Preferably something that would arrive here soon! I don't trust myself with such a huge phone

I ordered a white hard case and screen protectors from mobile fun for this reason (next day delivery), phone should be delivered tomorrow to my parents house, case and protectors delivered to my work.

The ebay case a page or so back looks great, but it's got a 2 week delivery time.

Man of Honour
For info:

Initial batch of UK/International Note II stock does not have ‘Multi-Window’, but it will be added OTA in coming weeks

Posted on October 2, 2012 by Chris Ward

There has been some concern expressed in the Clove Blog comments over the last few days about the UK SIM-free/International version of the Samsung Galaxy Note II not having the ‘Multi-Window’ feature, which is advertised in the Features Introduction video (from 2:05). This is an incredibly powerful multitasking feature so it is understandable that some of you are worried that it has been left out.

We have now spoken to Samsung about this and have clarified that the initial batches of UK stock do not include the feature. However, Samsung has subsequently approved a software update that will deliver this functionality over the air within the next few weeks. So the Multi-Window feature will be available for every UK Samsung Galaxy Note II, whether it is UK International/SIM-free stock or UK network stock.

If you have purchased a handset from us and it does not currently have the Multi-Window feature (activated by long-pressing the back key), do not worry, it will be available on your device via an Over The Air update very soon.

Soldato
questions chaps

on these bigger phones is there an option to shrink text size? even on my lowly SGS2 everything is too big by default so i have to change the dpi or res or whatever that option is from 240 to 160. then everything looks right.

when i saw the note 2 everything on screen looked huge. like someone with a 24" monitor but left the res at something tiny so everything looks huge

There is a "one handed operation" mode. This shrinks the size of the on-screen keyboard, and aligns it with either the left or the right side of the screen for easier thumb access.

Back
Top Bottom