*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
A 5.5" version of the Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean and a stylus should be awesome. It should be slimmer and lighter then the original Note too, looking forward to tomorrow...

Permabanned
I will be happy with the specs as long as Jelly Bean is the OS. My Note 1 is very fast but every now and then it just needs a boost which I am sure the quad core with Jelly Bean will do.

Biggest thing for me though is stylus sensitivity, hate the lag you get when writing but I am sure that will be the same.

Soldato
I will be happy with the specs as long as Jelly Bean is the OS. My Note 1 is very fast but every now and then it just needs a boost which I am sure the quad core with Jelly Bean will do.

How can you be happy with those specs? It's just a S3 that's more uncomfortable to hold! Sure the screen size makes it easy on the eye to read but it's the same res and the insides are going to be pretty much the same, you might as well go for the S3 as it's more compact and easier to carry etc, you won't be actually losing anythng at all.

I sincerely hope the rumours about the resolution are wrong as i was expecting a nice little leap in resolution, i was hoping for 1680 x 1050 which would make the note's size worth dealing with. For calls i'd just get a blue-tooth headset and off i go.

Soldato
How can you be happy with those specs? It's just a S3 that's more uncomfortable to hold! Sure the screen size makes it easy on the eye to read but it's the same res and the insides are going to be pretty much the same, you might as well go for the S3 as it's more compact and easier to carry etc, you won't be actually losing anythng at all.

I sincerely hope the rumours about the resolution are wrong as i was expecting a nice little leap in resolution, i was hoping for 1680 x 1050 which would make the note's size worth dealing with. For calls i'd just get a blue-tooth headset and off i go.

I wouldn't count on an increased resolution. If Samsung weren't able to up the resolution in the 10.1 note, then I don't see how they can in the smaller one? From what I've read it's either a limitation in the SoC design (assuming the new note phone uses the same 4412 as the S3 and the Note10.1), or it's a limitation with the Wacom digitiser. If either of those components are the same on the new phone, then wouldn't it be stuck with the same resolution limits as the 10.1?

Soldato
Why do you need such a resolution? 720p is fine.

You may be happy with it, but that's not to say others won't want more. Especially for those people who own the first note, or the GS3; for it to be a worthy upgrade it will need to actually be an upgrade.

Caporegime
My god! :eek: Shocker!!!! :p

Thought that would be the case regarding specs and the design (at least it is less curvy than the GS 3 though and going by those images it doesn't have a different shade of a home button compared to the rest of the mobile chassis)

I am a bit taken back that they didn't at least keep the same res. as the original note and that they didn't use a RGB matrix instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
It definitely looks less curved which is a good thing, considering its size. It says it is slightly thinner then the original Note, any other dimensions given, I can't seem to see them. Huge battery too. No black version??? Need more info!

Permabanned
You may be happy with it, but that's not to say others won't want more. Especially for those people who own the first note, or the GS3; for it to be a worthy upgrade it will need to actually be an upgrade.

I have the original Note and the screen res is great. Why do you need to go further? Just for the sake of it? I would rather have Jelly Bean, more responsive S-Pen, bigger battery, faster CPU etc.

Soldato
It definitely looks less curved which is a good thing, considering its size. It says it is slightly thinner then the original Note, any other dimensions given, I can't seem to see them. Huge battery too. No black version??? Need more info!

It's a nice jump in battery but not earth shattering. Instead of 4-5 hours screen on it will be 5-6

Back
Top Bottom