*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
So, the spec sheet I posted last week was correct then :(

It's a larger GS3 with an RGB screen rather than pentile. And the resolution and pixel density are lower than the previous note.

I do like the 3100mAh battery though. Tasty.

Caporegime
I thought the matrix is pentile?

Screen looks perfectly good to me going by those photos and videos. I certainly wouldn't be complaining about it.

Whilst the design isn't really much different from the GS 3, I think it looks better than the GS 3 by quite a bit, less curvy and sorted the speaker area out, just a shame about the brush effect and not using on screen controls or at least loosing the hard home button. Although for the grey model in those photos and videos it does look like it has the same problem with the shading/hyperglaze of the home button :( The grey does look much better than the PB GS 3 IMO.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Spec:

Android Version: 4.1.1Jelly Bean.
Display: 5.5” Super AMOLEDHD with 1280×720 Resolution (720p – 16:9).
CPU: Samsung’s Exynos4412 @ 1.6GHz.
GPU: ARM’s Mali-400MP @400MHz.
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 16GB, 32GB and64GB.
MicroSD Slot: Yes.
Camera: 8MP (1080p HD)Rear Facing Camera + 1.9MP (720p HD) Front Facing Camera.
Battery: 3,100 MAh.​

Hands on with video:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/29/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-hands-on/

Soldato
Thanks for the side by side comparison pics Robbo. The Note II is narrower, I like the profile, the wider aspect of the original Note is what put me off buying one, but the Note II might just make me part with my cash!

Soldato
Is it pentile? Not really up on the various stuff i havent heard them say amoled plus so assume its pentile?

It's RGB. Each pixel is composed of three sub-pixels. Pentile pixels have only 2 sub-pixels, with the red and blue sub-pixels alternating between adjacent pixels.

Pulled from The Verge:

N6OuT.png

To fault that article slightly...

a) The original note was 1280x800, not 1280x720, in respect of it's 16:10 aspect ratio

b) The Samsung phone uses an OLED (organic LED) screen, not an LCD. OLED screens do not have equal-sized sub-pixels, as the technology itself means that the red, green and blue sub-pixels do not give off equal amounts of light per unit area. It is simply not viable to have a "perfect stripe" arrangement of sub-pixels in an OLED screen. The non-uniform sub-pixel arrangement is a fundamental consequence of the basic screen technology. If you want the advantages of OLED screens, you have irregular sub-pixels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom