****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

same as tho it where the mSD card?

Yep, once the drivers are installed the phone should show up in My Computer, you will have the choice of "Phone" or "Card" just go into phone and create yourself a music folder if there isn't already one there (I don't remember if there was one there as default) and copy music over, same with videos.

Once you unplug the device the media scan should run and pick up all the files you transfered, if your using Poweramp you may have to specify the folder where you have copied the music to.

I'm loving this phone so far - browsing is fantastic. Phone is all round fast and great to use! :)

Only a few small gripes:

1. The lock screen looks awful - I don't really know how to change the image on it? Do you have to have it so you drag the 2d image off-screen - looks a bit naff.
2. Getting the back cover off and on feels a bit weird - you have to force it back into place. Once back on it's fine but as has been said, the back case is a bit flimsy when off the phone.
3. Having the home screen be on the furthest left is rather annoying and lots of backgrounds look weird as they are designed to be centred by default.

Video playback is smoooooth, and the kies software seems to work quite well too which is a bonus. Overall the phone is fantastic! :D

1. The lock screen looks awful - I don't really know how to change the image on it? Do you have to have it so you drag the 2d image off-screen - looks a bit naff.

Download Widgetlocker from the market well worth the few quid for full customization of the lock screen, though I agree the default screen sucks.

3. Having the home screen be on the furthest left is rather annoying and lots of backgrounds look weird as they are designed to be centred by default.

Backgrounds can be set to span all home screens or just be centered, there are the 2 options below the image when you are "cropping" the wallpaper, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Ditch Touchwhizz and use Launcherpro/GoLauncher EX/ADW Launcher etc, much better homescreen replacements.

Did they have a demo of the htc sensation instore?

Nope but I'd have no bothered looking at it anyway really as no AMOLED = no interest for me.

Option isn't there :(

Damn, that's a bummer, surely something the ROM devs will apply, I can't wait to see if CM team adopt CM7 to the SGS II, it is the only ROM I like :D

Hey guys,

I can get a phone upgrade in 3 weeks time on orange, im on a 24month contract and pay £35. I cant seem to find out from google if i can upgrade to this for free on orange?

Just got mine, its literally like having a laptop computer in your pocket, so fast.

Does anyone know a way to trick the browser in to browsing as a desktop client to stop the redirect to mobile website versions?

Just got mine, its literally like having a laptop computer in your pocket, so fast.

Does anyone know a way to trick the browser in to browsing as a desktop client to stop the redirect to mobile website versions?

In the browser address bar, type about:debug and press enter. You will know it has worked because the text "Show JavaScript console" will show up. Then scroll to the bottom of the settings and you will see some special options :)

In the browser address bar, type about:debug and press enter. You will know it has worked because the text "Show JavaScript console" will show up. Then scroll to the bottom of the settings and you will see some special options :)

its worked for me but what one of the new options do i choose?

Yup, though i i'll be honest i completely forgot how i did it now i think about it :/

just realized, this functionality is built in to the facebook app - not sure how to actually join samsung and facebook contacts yet though.

Maybe leaving sense won't be a bad experience after all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom