****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

The one i got benched at 20mb/s Write and 28-30mb/s Read after i set the block size to 2048K

20Mb/s write = Class 3 performance (which doesn't exist)
30Mb/s read = Class 4

Was yours branded?

It's priced as a Class 4, performs as a Class 4, but is sold as a Class 10.

Mine came unbranded in a clear box with no mention of PNY, not sure how I would invoke my 5 year guarantee with them without it being a PNY card.

Samsung Galaxy S II
125.3X66.1X8.49mm

Krusell DONSö Leather Pouch - Extra Large
Inner Dimensions: 125 x 68 x 15 mm

Looking at that it'll move around in the pouch, could almost squeeze two of them in there.

I've just went with a cheap rubber case for now, going to get the PDair leather flip case when it comes out

http://www.mobileden.co.uk/pdair-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-i9100-leather-flip-case.html

Yeah, they are normally quite tight-ish though so it might fit quite nicely, as long as it won't freely slide out if upside down!

I'll have a nose around and order a few cases and see which I like best :)

Well this is my bike ride from this morning, and the tracking is spotless. It was in the top of my cycle bag on the way there, and in my gillet on the way back.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=215324268133694109022.0004a28794f2b1cd6bdd5

All the irregularities are real, it's going from a road onto a cycle path, on one map version it looks like I cycled in the sea, but that's the map not having the new quay. Even the little V parts of the map are just me taking a slightly different route due to other cyclists.

I'd say having used the GPS along side a iPhone 3GS for caching, the accuracy are very similar, the SII just pipping it.

Well this is my bike ride from this morning, and the tracking is spotless. It was in the top of my cycle bag on the way there, and in my gillet on the way back.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=215324268133694109022.0004a28794f2b1cd6bdd5

All the irregularities are real, it's going from a road onto a cycle path, on one map version it looks like I cycled in the sea, but that's the map not having the new quay. Even the little V parts of the map are just me taking a slightly different route due to other cyclists.

I'd say having used the GPS along side a iPhone 3GS for caching, the accuracy are very similar, the SII just pipping it.

is there an app for that ?

FInally got my £4 rubber case thingy delivered. It's so much nicer not having it awkwardly placed in my bold 9000 case with half of it sticking out. Now i just need some decent cases to come out to swap it with :)

everyone happy with there SG2 then? im considering ordering on the o2 tonight, i kinda still enjoy my Desire, worth the upgrade? its pretty beaten up now lol.

also the HTC sensation looks pretty sweet, but the sammy seems to win overall if you looks at comparisons on the web.

Is everyone happy with the build quality? are you likely to survive a drop on the floor from waist height?

everyone happy with there SG2 then? im considering ordering on the o2 tonight, i kinda still enjoy my Desire, worth the upgrade? its pretty beaten up now lol.

I upgraded from a SE Xperia X10, only about a year old that phone, but the S2 is SO superior to it in literally every way.

also the HTC sensation looks pretty sweet, but the sammy seems to win overall if you looks at comparisons on the web.

Theres no comparison. S2 is the phone to get.

Is everyone happy with the build quality? are you likely to survive a drop on the floor from waist height?

The build is pretty good. But this phone is far lighter than most smartphones, so it wont hit the ground as hard.

Back
Top Bottom