****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Hey Guys,

Just had a quick question regarding the calender on the phone. When you add an event does it give you the option of setting more than one reminder? As I love the fact that on my Xperia x10 I can put one reminder for say 24hrs and then another one for say 15mins before the event, very handy!!!

ok guys i have an iphone 4 , is it worth going for this and selling the iphone? how is the gaming scene on this ? how powerful are the gfx?

The iPhone app store is still quite a way ahead on games. More and more are coming to android but it's definitely still quite far behind.

Hey Guys,

Just had a quick question regarding the calender on the phone. When you add an event does it give you the option of setting more than one reminder? As I love the fact that on my Xperia x10 I can put one reminder for say 24hrs and then another one for say 15mins before the event, very handy!!!

I'm not sure if touchpro is what allows me to do it, but i certainly can set more than one reminder. I set a couple for something yesterday.

Does anyone know where within EU (ideally within UK) to order from so they will ship to Slovakia\EU ? :) Sim free and unlocked.
Waiting till our local shops will have it in stock is becoming really frustrating.

SGs2.jpg

pic of SGS2

Pfft, you've just stuck a high quality sticker on that screen? ;):cool:

ok guys i have an iphone 4 , is it worth going for this and selling the iphone? how is the gaming scene on this ? how powerful are the gfx?

Gaming on the SGS2 will be very decent, Exynos is not that far behind the A5 for raw GPU power + you get a 4.3" sAMOLED+ to play them on! (Most games can be found on the market if you want to have a look, https://market.android.com/apps/GAME) but if it's your main priority wait for the iPhone 5. (or better... NGP :D)

Latest update on my suspiciously good battery life, not long got home so around 12 hours after unplugging this morning give or take and it's dropped to 86%, couple of short phone calls, couple of texts and not much else.

Seems odd that it dropped ~4% in an hour and a half of riding home after dropping just 10% in the 10 hours before hand but I think it may be down to NoLED turning the screen on/off as it appears I got an email shortly after leaving work...

Can't really compare it to an iPhone4, but lots of people/reviews are saying it compares favourably.

As for games, software is lagging behind iOS Games unfortunately, how long that will last who knows, on the hardware side the hardware in the SGS2 is more powerful than the iPhone 4 quite comfortably, just depends how well the software can utilise that...

Hey Guys,

Just checked (it's definitely part of the stock android calendar) and yes you can add up to 5 reminders with the Touchwiz app.

I was resisting the urge to post this :p

Here are my lock and homescreens. I'm using the Solar Winds live wallpaper and it looks stunning on this display! Also a portal theme for the BeautifulWidgets clock :D

sc20110505180027.jpg
sc20110505180037.jpg

Bear in mind I have more shortcuts on the homescreen that I can scroll to with the LauncherPro bar :p

If anyone has issues getting it to format/mount their sd card, I found reducing the allocation unit size when formatting it in windows from 32 kilobytes to 16 sorted it out.

Seems odd that it dropped ~4% in an hour and a half of riding home after dropping just 10% in the 10 hours before hand but I think it may be down to NoLED turning the screen on/off as it appears I got an email shortly after leaving work...

That and the GPS seems to take only miniscule sips of electricity when indoors. I assume this is because it goes into a low power state, only attempting to 'ping' a GPS satellite at set intervals whereas when you're outdoors the GPS will be connected and therefore 'always on'. Phones also seem to soak up a lot more charge when in motion.

Even if you were outdoors all day however, at 4%/hour that still gives you around 24hours of use before needing a charge, formidable in todays market.

Well, god knows when I'll be getting mine now. Yodel haven't re-delivered today despite saying they would, which means they probably will tomorrow when I'm at work. Person I spoke to at the service centre said it'd end up back there on Monday, which is also no good because I have this thing called a job that I do during the week...

Morons.

That and the GPS seems to take only miniscule sips of electricity when indoors. I assume this is because it goes into a low power state, only attempting to 'ping' a GPS satellite at set intervals whereas when you're outdoors the GPS will be connected and therefore 'always on'. Phones also seem to soak up a lot more charge when in motion.

Even if you were outdoors all day however, at 4%/hour that still gives you around 24hours of use before needing a charge, formidable in todays market.

The GPS toggle only allows apps to use the GPS else apps will use the mobile mast to find where you are.. The GPS doe'snt actually switch on until an apps requests it too.

Well, god knows when I'll be getting mine now. Yodel haven't re-delivered today despite saying they would, which means they probably will tomorrow when I'm at work. Person I spoke to at the service centre said it'd end up back there on Monday, which is also no good because I have this thing called a job that I do during the week...

Morons.

Can you not leave a note on the door to say leave it at a friendly neighbours, thats what i do.

Morons.

Dreadful service from them. If I'd known it was Yodel O2 used I wouldn't have ordered it from them, they have such bad reviews. After an hour on the phone to Yodel I managed to get through to someone who actually knew about my order. Apparently it's gone to the wrong depot and now it's at the right one it should be here tomorrow.

I just got a Casemate Gelli case from the Carphone Warehouse, its a gel cover skin thing, I dont really like them but it came with a cleaning cloth and screen protector so I cant complain for a tenner. It will do until I get a proper leather case sorted for it :)

If gaming is your thing I really, REALLY wouldn't get an Android phone over an iPhone for the time being at least.

Dreadful service from them. If I'd known it was Yodel O2 used I wouldn't have ordered it from them, they have such bad reviews. After an hour on the phone to Yodel I managed to get through to someone who actually knew about my order. Apparently it's gone to the wrong depot and now it's at the right one it should be here tomorrow.

I googled the number that was written on the card I was left, it comes up as a local plumber. What the hell.

Before my phone arrives (see earlier moan) I just thought I would ask about Podcasts. At the moment I have a Iphone 3g and although I don't really like itunes and i dont use it for music or films etc I do listen to lots of podcasts which it is really good at. Can I still use itunes for this or do I have to start getting them from somewhere else?

Same with Audiobooks I have bought from them will they still work easily or will I have to set something else up?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom