****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Anyone notice that when setting the camcorder to 1080p that the screen zooms in (and records zooms in)? Set it to 720p or lower and it zooms out to normal view.

Will try LG Camera to confirm it's not the camera on the phone that's doing it!

Is anyone having problems with wifi?

I can have my phone running on wifi perfectly fine, possibly a little slow as my signals pants but it's still ok browsing the net. Then if I don't play with it for a while, then come back to browse the net or anything it'll no longer get data via wifi. But it's still connected - the signal strength still adjusts when I move around the house.

If I reboot it it'll go straight back to normal and all data will work fine.

I found an app called "wifi fixer" which seems to have solved it but it's hammering my battery :(

Last edited:
Anyone notice that when setting the camcorder to 1080p that the screen zooms in (and records zooms in)? Set it to 720p or lower and it zooms out to normal view.

Will try LG Camera to confirm it's not the camera on the phone that's doing it!

I've noticed that but I assumed that is just how 1080p mode works.

Is anyone having problems with wifi and mobile data?

I can have my phone running on wifi perfectly fine, possibly a little slow as my signals pants but it's still ok browsing the net. Then if I don't play with it for a while, then come back to browse the net or anything it'll no longer get data (via wifi or 3g). But it's still connected - the signal strength still adjusts when I move around the house

If I reboot it it'll go straight back to normal and all data will work fine.

I found an app called "wifi fixer" which seems to have solved it but it's hammering my battery :(

Instead of using that app have you tried switching the data off and on again?

I've noticed that but I assumed that is just how 1080p mode works.

Nope not how it works (or at least how it should!), not quite sure why Samsung's cam app is doing that! I'll test LG Camera in a bit but first there must be root!

Thankfully 720p is just as flawless as well in quality terms so if it is the camera itself then 720p it is I guess...

Today I left home at 07:15 with 100% charge. I just got home now (19:00) and had 30% battery left.

Syncing and Data has been on all day. I have watched 2 hours of videos, listened to 45 minutes of music, sent about 30 texts, browsed the internet for 15 minutes, and chatted on WhatsApp for 15 minutes.

:)

I have finally found the case I was looking for!

Proporta seem to be a decent company and they have a nice leather case out for the Galaxy S II (I'm not sure its exclusively designed for it but it should fit perfectly).

Its not really cheap but it isn't expensive either. Ordered one just now :) Here

if you install no led from the market that makes the screen light up 1 pixel when you have a notification

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.led.notify&feature=search_result

Excellent thanks!

Also, here's the Android Keyboard from Cyanogen Mod 7, this KB is better than the stock Gingerbread keyboard as it has a few tweaks such as long press delay which is superb as I dislike the default delay on long presses for symbols/numbers so have set delay to 150ms.

Download: http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/apps/LatinIME.apk

You need to enable the other sources for app installs in the development settings screen.

Also word prediction and punctuation prediction is way better on Android keyboard.

Excellent thanks!

Also, here's the Android Keyboard from Cyanogen Mod 7, this KB is better than the stock Gingerbread keyboard as it has a few tweaks such as long press delay which is superb as I dislike the default delay on long presses for symbols/numbers so have set delay to 150ms.

You need to enable the other sources for app installs in the development settings screen.

Also word prediction and punctuation prediction is way better on Android keyboard.

I am using the black version of the HTC_IME keyboard :)

KiesAir is great for sending APK's over without having to faff about with the wire. I like that, works well too.

I shall try your keyboard suggestion Khaaan, I've got Swype on at the moment.

Excellent thanks!

How do would you install that ?

Just click the link from your phone's browser and let it download then install it.

I use Chrome 2 Phone in my PC broser, can upload an APK to my web host and send the link to the phone.

But mostly I use Samba or SwiFTP which works over the air :p

Gah, think I've already decided I don't want it. I kind of don't want a smartphone at all. Going to keep it for a little bit then flog it if I still feel this way.

There's nothing wrong with the device, its fantastic. What's wrong with me :(

Back
Top Bottom