****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Cheers for that, nice to have just in case I need to return it etc. However there is a version of KDD that you can flash after rooting and keep root, not too fussed about it though as long as I've got a stock one to go back to so cheers. :)

Edit: wow, 3.3kB/sec from the hotfile link :o

Yeah, you can always flash just the stock kernel back after the root. Just wanted to make sure you knew that distinction was all.

It's arrived. very nice indeed! just been watching some videos and it really is so sharp. just tested my tmobile data and it is capped. i will ring them tomorrow and see what they say. most annoying thing so far...how do you turn off mobile websites??

It's arrived. very nice indeed! just been watching some videos and it really is so sharp. just tested my tmobile data and it is capped. i will ring them tomorrow and see what they say. most annoying thing so far...how do you turn off mobile websites??

Congrats on the phone.
What speeds do you get just out of interest.

Current main screen, not sure where I got the idea for it really... (:eek: :p :D)

img6106s.jpg

How was that done ???

This^^^

I have switched from iPhone4. I think the phone is impressing but i'm very confused. I love the look of this screen. I know it's a huge request, especially for a first time poster, but any chance of a dummies step by step guide?
what do i download from market?
how do i turn off the default stuff that came from samsung ?
how do i then activate the new stuff? in what order etc?
how do i replace the existing lock screen?
how can i get the icons i want to my front page or within one swipe? eg i don't want to go into apps then swipe to page 3 to get to facebook.

can anyone recommend a keyboard and why it's better than the bundled one? can i get autocorrect like on the iphone?

many thanks in advance - you have me in awe.:cool:

It tops out at 356kbs or there abouts

Oh no, i've just ordered mine on T-Mobile today after speaking to T-Mobile direct and having them tell me that under no circumstances are speeds capped, regardless of what internet plan you are on or where you purchased your contract i.e. third party supplier! I look forward to the outcome of your conversation with them tomorrow!

Where did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking?

Is there a way to force a rescan of the media or do you have to connect it to a PC then disconnect?

Edit: It seems unmounting and re mounting the SD card will cause a full rescan.... I suppose that will do.

This^^^

I have switched from iPhone4. I think the phone is impressing but i'm very confused. I love the look of this screen. I know it's a huge request, especially for a first time poster, but any chance of a dummies step by step guide?
how can i get the icons i want to my front page or within one swipe? eg i don't want to go into apps then swipe to page 3 to get to facebook.

can anyone recommend a keyboard and why it's better than the bundled one? can i get autocorrect like on the iphone?

Khaaan! on here designed it himself for his HTC Desire and I've shamelessly stolen it as it looked the part, as I have Android knowledge it wasn't too difficult to sort out, so I'll try and expand on his earlier post a bit so you can understand it better :)

My additions in yellow -

It's the only way to wow people on the advantages of an AMOLED display :D

Firstly, go on the Android market and get Launcher Pro, then buy Launcher Pro Plus so it unlocks all the options, if you dont want to pay anything just keep the trial version for now. When you've installed that it will prompt you if you want to use LauncherPro or TWLauncher, select LauncherPro and tick remember this option (or whatever it says)

Now you'll be running LauncherPro. Set a black background via Menu button > Wallpapers, just download a black image from Google for that.

Menu button > preferences will let you see all of the LauncherPro options, so have a fiddle with all of those and get to grips with it. Long press on the dock button you want to change and then choose a custom image for the fonts for buttons, the font pack being used is called SimpText, have a google :)

Snowstorm weather widget with minimalist text widget for battery details with custom colours. Using the Sketchy skin.

These are both apps available on the market, download and install them and you'll be able to add them both as widgets like you can any other widget, long press on the home screen, etc.

Minimalistic text is a pain in the arse to set up, as you have to customise the layout yourself, but if you have a fiddle with its options I'm sure you'll manage it.

Thankfully the weather one is easier, add the 4x2 widget and then just put in your location (or use the GPS auto setting) and use the skins option to choose Sketchy.

That's about it lol, it's simple like I said, but functional :p

I'll have to work around the battery % display in the bar as the stock SGS ROM doesn't have that, I'll await the ROM kitchen to update I guess.

Any more specific questions, ask. Have fun :p

Liking the Kies Air, very handy.

Also, how can I add a custom notifacation ringtone?

Can i install any of my own fonst (deigner so havea bank of about 200 pro ones) as in a normal font?..they arnt phone specific?

Oh no, i've just ordered mine on T-Mobile today after speaking to T-Mobile direct and having them tell me that under no circumstances are speeds capped, regardless of what internet plan you are on or where you purchased your contract i.e. third party supplier! I look forward to the outcome of your conversation with them tomorrow!

Where did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking?

buymobilephones.net. I have an email from them pre sales saying the same thing so hopefully they will agree. If not it's going back...which will break my heart ;)

Khaaan! on here designed it himself for his HTC Desire and I've shamelessly stolen it as it looked the part, as I have Android knowledge it wasn't too difficult to sort out, so I'll try and expand on his earlier post a bit so you can understand it better :)

My additions in yellow -

Any more specific questions, ask. Have fun :p

I ticked the "remember" option for touchwiz by mistake. How do I get Launcher Pro back?

This^^^

I can answer the keyboard one...go to market and search for smart keyboard. There is a free trial and it looks very similar tot he iphone and has autocorrect etc. There are others to choose from of course.

This^^^

The wetaher app is 'Snowstorm' with some skin or other. To Replace the Samsung frontend you just install a new launcher such as 'Launcher Pro' from the market.

Last edited:
buymobilephones.net. I have an email from them pre sales saying the same thing so hopefully they will agree. If not it's going back...which will break my heart ;)

Yes thats who i've purchased from, luckily they are out of stock so if the outcome is not good i'll be cancelling! I emailed them asking the question and i'm still waiting for a reply, in the meantime I become impatient and purchased it anyway!

What branding is there on the phone?

Back
Top Bottom