****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Vodafone are now offering the SGSII as a pre-order upgrade on their site, with an estimated delivery of the week beginning May 16th. They even have a 12 month upgrade option, but the phone would then cost £199. It is tempting, I have to say.

Hi all

Amazon has cancelled my order for the S2 as they are now out of stock.

I really needed this phone for tomorrow as I'm off on hols on Sunday!

Does anyone know of a brick and mortar shop in London which may stock it? I'm in W1

Thanks in advance as usual!

OK so I called Tmobile - the guy was very helpful. After I had explained the issue and that I had been assured this wouldn't be the case before i took the contract, he asked what phone I had (basically asking if it was android).

Once he knew that he put my speed on the android tariff which somehow meant i then had an extra free booster to use, so now I have unlimited texts! Just doing a speed test now and it's 2000kbps :)

I'm not enjoying the browser at all, I can't turn mobile sites off and i find the zooming very glitchy. In fact I don't like touchwiz or the lockscreen either so i'm trying launcher app pro and widget locker.

The hardware is amazing though, it's so thin I forget it's in my pocket and going back to my desire is horrible :/

All in all I love the phone, I watched a bit of planet earth on the way to work and it looked stunning

Last edited:
Cheers for the files \m/

Well unfortunately, due to a buzzing in the earpiece when the other person is talking over the phone mine is now going back today :(

That's a bummer :(

Only isue along those lines I have noticed so far is that HSDPA reception is not as strong in the same areas as it was with my Desire although it does flick between 3G and HSPA more often, more on demand when I call net usage via an app, for example.

As for teh zoomed camera, someone posted about it on XDA too but nobody knows exactly why it does it!

LG Camera does not support the phone fully yet so cannot test other cam apps :/

Vodafone are now offering the SGSII as a pre-order upgrade on their site, with an estimated delivery of the week beginning May 16th. They even have a 12 month upgrade option, but the phone would then cost £199. It is tempting, I have to say.

I had an interesting chat with their online upgrades team yesterday afternoon. The chap I spoke to was very knowledgeable and confirmed that the Vodafone SGS2 would only have stock Android/Samsung software (no Voda bloatware) and is likely to be available/delivered a couple of days before the 16th.

Edit: Sounds a bit like sales spiel but I'm pretty sure he was genuine. I emailed myself a copy of the transcript just in case.

Last edited:
Icons: http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/desktops/icons

Also, what video player are people using? I might have accidentally removed the build in Samsung video player which would explain why I no longer get the play with built in player option any more when clicking a video, plays fine via HW accell in rockplayer but I liked the default player interface..

I've not got the phone yet, so aren't familiar with the included video player, but after testing a large amount of players on my Desire, I have settled on MoboPlayer. Rockplayer started giving me random artefacts with some files, but Mobo plays them flawlessly.

I've not got the phone yet, so aren't familiar with the included video player, but after testing a large amount of players on my Desire, I have settled on MoboPlayer. Rockplayer started giving me random artefacts with some files, but Mobo plays them flawlessly.

Cheers will test it out! Hopefully it supports hardware acceleration so all videos play :D

Well unfortunately, due to a buzzing in the earpiece when the other person is talking over the phone mine is now going back today :(

That I have had once on a handset it can be very annoying.
Maybe another week ( I hope) before vodafone can sell the unit. Then i'll have mine too.:D

thanks spudbynight

When turn my phone on and go to task killer theres like apps already started like

Game Hub
BBC iplayer
google Search
Calendar

why have these apps started ?

Because they likely connect to the internet in some way and have started a service to communicate. Calendar is likely for sync - google search also remembers your searches if you have that enabled (and it starts so it doesn't need to load when you hold back for 2s). Iplayer - not too sure on, the rest have some legit sync but the iplayer doesn't really.

Aye just realised that, unless you specify software codec in otpions!

Moboplayer is really nice though, excellent file browser where you can add bookmarked watch folders - This will be my defautl now :D

I've also ported the default video player back so thanks for that!

Back
Top Bottom