****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

they are? says they are in stock on their website.. did they tell you that over the phone?

Yes, I put my order in a luchtime today and the order hadn't processed by 4pm, so I called them and the chap said they were all out of Galaxy S2's. He didn't know when the next delivery would be, but thought it would probably be early next week!

Yes, I put my order in a luchtime today and the order hadn't processed by 4pm, so I called them and the chap said they were all out of Galaxy S2's. He didn't know when the next delivery would be, but thought it would probably be early next week!

Oh joy... ordered one from them tonight in the vain hope for getting it for saturday (like it said on their website!) guess thats blown out the window then ^^ not really surprised though - £35 quidco cashback + the tmob 18 month deal is a bit of a bargain so I can wait i guess
cheers for letting me know anyway mate :)

Last edited:
Think im starting to get the hang of this...

WebScreen.jpg

Need to find a good native res background tho...

Result! :p

I'll be checking back tomorrow then for an update! Fingers, toes and anything else I can manage crossed for a positive outcome! ;)

I'll be ringing to try and get the cap removed also, someone in the bmp.net thread on XDA dev forum managed to get it lifted at no cost, others had to pay for it. Seems like if you ring enough, eventually someone will do it for you, persistence is key! :)

Having said that, I checked mine and it is also capped, despite this for general browsing which is what I use it for, it was fast enough.

If anyone here is on a Mac and not using Samsung Kies I have found the app doubleTwist (http://www.doubletwist.com/) quite useful for syncing music and playlists from iTunes onto the phone.

They also have an Android app doubleTwist Player (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayer) as a replacement music player which I think goes pretty well with it too. Shame there's no music controls from the notification pulldown but the controls on the lockscreen make up for this!

Worst thing about TouchWiz?

The lockscreen. It is beyond poor. What were Samsung thinking when they made that!

Other than that its pretty good.

Nice!

I have a request for anyone rooted and using rootexplorer, can you copy the contents of /system/data/app for me please? I'll manually patch back in the missing apk and odex files!

Icons: http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/desktops/icons

Also, what video player are people using? I might have accidentally removed the build in Samsung video player which would explain why I no longer get the play with built in player option any more when clicking a video, plays fine via HW accell in rockplayer but I liked the default player interface..

Nice!

I have a request for anyone rooted and using rootexplorer, can you copy the contents of /system/data/app for me please? I'll manually patch back in the missing apk and odex files!

I have emailed you the two video files you need :)

I use mVideoPlayer :)

Nope not how it works (or at least how it should!), not quite sure why Samsung's cam app is doing that! I'll test LG Camera in a bit but first there must be root!

Thankfully 720p is just as flawless as well in quality terms so if it is the camera itself then 720p it is I guess...

720p is still zoomed in a little. Compare it to something like 640x480 res.

Each res zooms in more the higher you go. The only 2 resolutions that are the same zoom level are 640x480 and 320x240.

I've seen it done before on other devices. I think it may be done because glass lenses are usually sharper towards the center so it zooms in to use that area of the lens.

Back
Top Bottom