****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Just trying that now :p

I almost offed myself when my Angry Birds games (all 3) force closed on load, thought my Titanium backup was a duffer!

turns out if your restore back by forcing it to internal mem (I used to have them on the SD via Android A2SD on the desire) then the apps fail to load properly so you have to manage apps in Android, move to SD then move back to internal mem, this moves other files and associations back so the apps then load.

My 3 stars of WIN are not lost!

And now to get back to Wordfeud :p

Last edited:
Hello!

Tempted by this phone, very much so!

What's the best offers out there at the moment?

Don't need loads of mins but do need texts and data... I upped my data to 1gb and never go over that, but 500mb was too little!

Free stuff kinda welcome, but more interested in a good contract!

Hello!

Tempted by this phone, very much so!

What's the best offers out there at the moment?

Don't need loads of mins but do need texts and data... I upped my data to 1gb and never go over that, but 500mb was too little!

Free stuff kinda welcome, but more interested in a good contract!

i did the o2 deal

£150 for the phone
£13 a month for 24 months, but you cancel the web addon. bringing it down to £11 per month. with £90 cash back. i then will pay up the contract and keep using my existing sim deal on vodafone.

I had an interesting chat with their online upgrades team yesterday afternoon. The chap I spoke to was very knowledgeable and confirmed that the Vodafone SGS2 would only have stock Android/Samsung software (no Voda bloatware) and is likely to be available/delivered a couple of days before the 16th.

Edit: Sounds a bit like sales spiel but I'm pretty sure he was genuine. I emailed myself a copy of the transcript just in case.
Good info to have - thanks.

I still have 100 days or so left before my contract runs out, but my early upgrade does offer the SGS2. There are lots of possibilities and money is tight, so I have a lot to think about. I'm pleased they're not going to bloat it (but I don't believe them :D).

Just trying that now :p

I almost offed myself when my Angry Birds games (all 3) force closed on load, thought my Titanium backup was a duffer!

turns out if your restore back by forcing it to internal mem (I used to have them on the SD via Android A2SD on the desire) then the apps fail to load properly so you have to manage apps in Android, move to SD then move back to internal mem, this moves other files and associations back so the apps then load.

My 3 stars of WIN are not lost!

And now to get back to Wordfeud :p

How do you force them back to internal memory?

I had the same issue and ended up copying the high score files manually from my Desire, but I can't seem to do the same for Radiant HD... really need to restore this.

Only isue along those lines I have noticed so far is that HSDPA reception is not as strong in the same areas as it was with my Desire although it does flick between 3G and HSPA more often, more on demand when I call net usage via an app, for example.

Noticed this myself, perhaps updated radio might help once they start appearing?

Possibly a newer radio will help, we just have to wait I guess.

How do you force them back to internal memory?

I had the same issue and ended up copying the high score files manually from my Desire, but I can't seem to do the same for Radiant HD... really need to restore this.

I just restored Titanium as normal then went into Android's manage apps and moved the game(s) to SD then back to internal mem, the games then loaded fine!

Anyone noticed the quality of the microphone? The voice recorder app by Samsung is also very swish and the sound quality is amazing!

OK so I called Tmobile - the guy was very helpful. After I had explained the issue and that I had been assured this wouldn't be the case before i took the contract, he asked what phone I had (basically asking if it was android).

Once he knew that he put my speed on the android tariff which somehow meant i then had an extra free booster to use, so now I have unlimited texts! Just doing a speed test now and it's 2000kbps :)

Ah that's great news Zap, my excitement levels have risen again! :p

I just restored Titanium as normal then went into Android's manage apps and moved the game(s) to SD then back to internal mem, the games then loaded fine!

Anyone noticed the quality of the microphone? The voice recorder app by Samsung is also very swish and the sound quality is amazing!

I don't have an SD card in my phone at the moment so when I try to move to SD it just says "not enough memory" :(

About T-Mobile capping, I just spoke to them and the guy was very helpful and said they'd remove the speed cap. However he instructed me to turn off the phone and back on again which I've done and there's still the cap.

I'll give it a few hours or so before I try again incase its taking a while to propagate.

I have both my Gmail and Hotmail synced up, but today my hotmail account has dissappeared off the phone..and when trying to set it up again it says it cant retrieve anything or that their is no response.

About T-Mobile capping, I just spoke to them and the guy was very helpful and said they'd remove the speed cap. However he instructed me to turn off the phone and back on again which I've done and there's still the cap.

I'll give it a few hours or so before I try again incase its taking a while to propagate.

That's strange - Mine was instant and no reboot required. Also I was able to use my booster for free texts, did he mention that to you?

That's strange - Mine was instant and no reboot required. Also I was able to use my booster for free texts, did he mention that to you?

No didn't mention the booster could change as a result, I'll ring them back now.

God knows what he's done, if anything, to my account to require a reboot.

Incedentally, its very difficult to navigate the options to a correct adviser, I ended up finding one through the billing options, how did you get through?

Back
Top Bottom