****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

read a few post back that t-mobile sim only customer have thier data capped?
well am getting 356kps in hsupa is this normal or should i be getting more. On wifi its even better 9.3mbps on 10meg broadband connection

Zia

That speed is capped to 3g only. Ring them up and ask to have it removed, they should do it for you.

The communications of O2 is shocking, I complained to O2 HQ for this and they didnt reply! Shocking! :mad:

They are truly horrendous.
One of the most expensive purchases I can make on the Web.
No Confirmation email of order, no email to say they had taken the money, no email for dispatching.

And in contrast Phones 4 U, a company regarded as absolutely awful by the majority of the populace, was friendly, polite and gave me constant updates.

Now i'm remembering why i moved away from O2 all those years ago...

I agree I left O2 luckily, though not sure that Oranges signal is much good, seem to be on T-Mobile more often than Orange lol, won't matter though I suppose when later this year we can use T-Mobiles 3G network as well!

Must admit for delivering my phone phones4u were great, and helpful - had to send it back yesterday due to a fault, so I really hope I won't be waiting too long to get my replacement from them - let's see how their aftercare is!

I have 2x 8GB mSDHC cards and need a single 16GB card for my musical needs. Anybody up for a swaps?

Mine are LG Class 6 and a Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 2 which actually gets similar transfer speeds to the LG.

So far im not impressed with O2's coverage compared to my other phone with orange. May have to return and try vodafone.

Obviously it's down to location, but i'm immensely pleased with Vodafone coverage. I get 3.5mb/sec in both my flat and my parents house (where i used to get around 10-20k is i was lucky with 3) and around 2.5mb/sec at work where no other network gives reliable signal.

Make sure you check their coverage map before you make the jump though.

Whats everyone using for getting mkv's on there phones. Iv tried mkv2vob and MKVmerge GUI but cant get the phone to play any sound from either and the merge one the video is really laggy in moboplayer. Tbh i have no idea what settings im supposed to be using in either.

And in contrast Phones 4 U, a company regarded as absolutely awful by the majority of the populace, was friendly, polite and gave me constant updates.

Now i'm remembering why i moved away from O2 all those years ago...

All mobile phone companies are equally bad, I've dealt with all of them on several occasions and the customer service quality is a complete roll of the dice.

All mobile phone companies are equally bad, I've dealt with all of them on several occasions and the customer service quality is a complete roll of the dice.

I agree.

It’s who you get on the day/moment you call. I’ve had people so totally uninterested you just feel like hanging up (and I’ve done it) and try again, and others that go that extra mile to get the problem sorted/job done

O2 have been great for me this past week with all the troubles I had with DHL. Although they do use DHL, but the customer service rep I spoke to gave me money off my bill due to their ineptitude. Only problem I had was last week they were playing Grounds for divorce -Elbow (which I like) as hold music this week I got Take that and just Muzak (which I don't).

O2 have been great for me this past week with all the troubles I had with DHL. Although they do use DHL, but the customer service rep I spoke to gave me money off my bill due to their ineptitude. Only problem I had was last week they were playing Grounds for divorce -Elbow (which I like) as hold music this week I got Take that and just Muzak (which I don't).

Yep same, person I spoke to last night at O2 was very sympathetic that I'd obviously paid a fair bit for the phone, went with O2 to get it ASAP, and then the delivery company didn't follow through. She said she'd credit me for the days I was without it, and ensure that proper feedback is given to Yodel about their service (or lack thereof).

Only annoyance now is that the stupid phone sock thing I arrived doesn't actually fit the phone, and my cashback hasn't tracked at the higher 'accessory' amount. May see if I can just send it back.

Oh, and did anyone else from O2 get a Take That DVD?

How quick are people getting these phones through the post?

I'm thinking of FINALLY getting a smartphone, I don't have one, would you believe it. It's becoming such a pain not having the internet on the move.

Out of interest, I'm already on O2 Simplicity, would it be easy enough for them to transfer that number over on to a new O2 contract with this phone? Any ideas?

How quick are people getting these phones through the post?

I'm thinking of FINALLY getting a smartphone, I don't have one, would you believe it. It's becoming such a pain not having the internet on the move.

Out of interest, I'm already on O2 Simplicity, would it be easy enough for them to transfer that number over on to a new O2 contract with this phone? Any ideas?

I'm still using my O2 PAYG number at the moment and will be transfering it over onto my O2 Pay Monthly at the end of this month (using my free anytime min's on PAYG before they run out and then moving my £30 credit over onto my Pay Monthly).

Contact O2 for a different reason today and the agent said that it would take around 3-4 hours to switch the numbers between two O2 accounts. You can also do the transfer online which requires you to enter both phone numbers and the sim numbers (found on the sim card itself).

Anyone else's phone getting really hot near the top of the phone when playing games and other things like that?

Same here, gets rather hot around the camera to the edges either side and to the top. Don't think it's major as it seems to stay at an accepted temp (what ever that is) and not get 'melting hot'!

Mine gets warm for sure, but it feels noticeably cooler then my old nexus one under load. So I don't think its anything to worry about.

I'm still using my O2 PAYG number at the moment and will be transfering it over onto my O2 Pay Monthly at the end of this month (using my free anytime min's on PAYG before they run out and then moving my £30 credit over onto my Pay Monthly).

Contact O2 for a different reason today and the agent said that it would take around 3-4 hours to switch the numbers between two O2 accounts. You can also do the transfer online which requires you to enter both phone numbers and the sim numbers (found on the sim card itself).

Ta, thank you. Am now weighing up whether or not to go for the O2 24 month contract with 500mb data 600 mins and 600 texts, or something around that or this T Mobile contract here;

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobi...le/T-Mobile-30-(18mths)-inc.-Internet/9637480

Back
Top Bottom