****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

how do i stop the device from pausing music and video when turned up side down? i like this feature for phone calls but not for music as the speaker is stupidly placed on the back so i turn it over to get the noise but it pauses

I finally tracked mine down and have started playing about with it. A few questions coming from an iPhone 3g.

1) Why do I have an applications folder and the same applications on the homepage thing? Is it like windows? you have the folder with the programs and the desktop with just shortcuts? sorry for the dim question. Its not a problem i just want to understand how it works.

2)Ok as mentioned I am coming from the Iphone, I am loving everything about this phone more (after a few hours) except the text messaging, when I type a message on iphone it just types what I press and corrects at the end if I want it to. However on this a box pops up above the keyboard after every letter, pushing the message box up. This would not be bad if it stayed there, but when I press space it disappears then reappears when I start typing the next word this makes the box jump around the screen and if off putting. Any way to fix this? Is there also a way so when I press space twice it adds a full stop (I like the punctuation).

thanks

^^^

1) you can chose what you wan on the homepage thing so you don't need applications but isntead can put widgets, link to bookmarks, whatever you want reall. some put battery info and weather on their homepage, others put photos and things that they want access to quickly, i've got clock, calendar, twitter etc, it's up to you what you put there. the app folder is then where every app is like i guess iphone has.

2) just checked and using the gingerbead keyboard it also does this where the suggestion moves it around as you type which isn't very nice. don't think there is a way to change this just yet.

Thanks guys will try some others :)

Also anyone got samsungdive working yet? I signed up and it just tells me I need to register my phone, which I have. But it just has a big sign saying I have to "Register your mobile now!" but doesn't allow anything after that.

Also thanks to everyone that has posted guides and stuff in the past few weeks, been very helpful.

I've tried to gussy up my homescreen + Lockscreens but there's just so many options and extra plugins required to 'get what i want' it's just too overwhelming.

Then there's the fact that certain apps disable certain things i like etc.

It's all too much like hard work!

With the apps that are already on the device, like Google Maps, Youtube etc, the Market shows them under My Apps but doesn't recognise them as being installed. Will I still get updates for them, or do I need to install them properly from the Market?

What programs you using ?

So far i've tried beautiful widgets and widget locker, sadly neither have given me the results i'm after and after the amount of time it took me to figure this out it was too late for a refund.

Good chance they're capable of doing what i want them to, but i lost patience after an hour of trying :p

With the apps that are already on the device, like Google Maps, Youtube etc, the Market shows them under My Apps but doesn't recognise them as being installed. Will I still get updates for them, or do I need to install them properly from the Market?

I installed them which brought them up to date and linked them to the market

I'm going to run the battery right down and charge to full a few times, I did this with the Desire and got healthy usage out of it after the initial few charges. Also interested in knowing if the phone turns off at 10% like the Desire running on a stock ROM!

Also, I imagine 3rd party makers will be selling custom back covers for this, it's so damn thin it should cost pennies to manufacture so you could get some cool design ones!

Last edited:
In the browser address bar, type about:debug and press enter. You will know it has worked because the text "Show JavaScript console" will show up. Then scroll to the bottom of the settings and you will see some special options :)

hmm, not working for me.

its worked for me but what one of the new options do i choose?

Ignore me... it has been removed from this version. That option worked fine on other ROMs :(

Sorry, try about:useragent :)

Last edited:
I'm going to run the battery right down and charge to full a few times, I did this with the Desire and got healthy usage out of it after the initial few charges. Also interested in knowing if the phone turns off at 10% like the Desire running on a stock ROM!

Nah, though it does shout abuse at you when it hits 10%

Ah cool, I also noticed something else cool, when it's off and you plug in USB/Mains charger, a big ass battery appears on the screen showing the charge level and a moving dot bar. Thought this was a nice touch although very iPhone!

Back
Top Bottom