****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Mine gets warm for sure, but it feels noticeably cooler then my old nexus one under load. So I don't think its anything to worry about.

it feels a lot hotter than my nexus one. The screen got quite hot too. Just a little worried after putting this sort of money into a phone.

I have been very very tempted by the T-mob 18th contract as well. Seems well price and has enough min/text/data for me.

I know, unlimited data. O2 meanwhile doesn't have enough data but all my friends are on O2 and might get cranky if they don't get their unlimited O2 to O2 calls!

Out of interest do the O2 deals on the Galaxy S II tariffs come with unlimited O2 to O2? I'm guessing not as it's some sort of bolt-on isn't it?

Not sure it's actually a dead pixel. I've seen reports of this from many other people and I have it myself but ONLY when using the web browser on sites with dark backgrounds, even then it desappears when scrolling and reappears when not.

I can confirm I've got this to on the o2 version. Only happens in web browser.

A video to show off the SGS2's awesomeness:

I know it's only comparing it to a single core phone but no android comes close to the SGS2'S smoothness.

EDIT - It's a wonder why Android wasn't gpu accelerated from the ground up from the get-go!

Last edited:
After much debating i just cant justify getting the SGS2, Niot had the DHD long and as good as the SGS2 is i have decided to wait until the next generation of phones. Hopefully the EVO 3D will be good

After much debating i just cant justify getting the SGS2, Niot had the DHD long and as good as the SGS2 is i have decided to wait until the next generation of phones. Hopefully the EVO 3D will be good

The EVO 3D is not part of the next generation of phones :p

Using this theme atm part of Go Launcher EX with a theme loaded up.
sc20110507233504.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good browser? I didn't like dolphin at all, it kept opening a black bar to the right/left when I was just trying to scroll.

Skyfire is really good, I love the way it restricts the width so all you need to do is scroll down however it crashes ALL the time.

Is it possible to remove the standard messaging app? I use Handcent SMS but the standard messaging app keeps popping up too.

Last edited:
^^ I been using Boat Browser recently tried them all and this one is the one that I like.

Don't like it at all :P

Try browsing this forum on Skyfire, you don't have to constantly zoom in again or scroll to the right as it adjusts the website to fix the width of the screen.

Don't like it at all :P

Try browsing this forum on Skyfire, you don't have to constantly zoom in again or scroll to the right as it adjusts the website to fix the width of the screen.

You don't on boat either its only the stock browser that doesn't have text reflow.

Works for me as it does on all the browsers I have tried its only the stock browser that doesn't support it, all the other when you double tap in its re flows the text.

Also interested in knowing if the phone turns off at 10% like the Desire running on a stock ROM!

My desire (unrooted froyo vanilla rom) has never done that... maybe thats a rooted rom "feature". certainly isnt stock. phone turns itself off at 0% (understandably)

Back
Top Bottom