****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Associate
My battery info has changed now, no longer does Android OS appear to be taking up 50%+ it now shows as 13%. Also when in Contacts and Favourites a have noticed a grid vuew, has that always been there?

Soldato
I'm just charging it at the moment so can't test that.

You need to plug it in directly, then load Kies and it'll find it automatically. :)

Huh?...how do I load up Kies when its connected via the cable?...on my screen it says if I hit teh home button itll disconnect it..and fies wont load up in teh browser at the same time.

Associate
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Huh?...how do I load up Kies when its connected via the cable?...on my screen it says if I hit teh home button itll disconnect it..and fies wont load up in teh browser at the same time.

Load up Kies (not KiesAir) on the PC, then plug the phone in. You'll get a popup box for the firmware update.

Soldato
Associate
Don't worry, I was in the same boat about 20 minutes ago, was only when I did a bit of Googling that I realised there was a separate app to use.

Then there are numpties like me who install the US version ¬_¬

Installed the correct UK one and updated first time :)

Seems the same apart from faster unlock screen, must just be a bug fix.

Last edited:
Associate
why does it say do the upgrade on a fully charged phone, all my other phones i never flashed/upgraded them fully charged. i got a feeling it may have something to do with bat stats, and doing it while unevenly charged will mess the stats up and give silly batt life....then again i thought that was just for modded phones. i just think they are saying do it fully charged so someone does not try it at 1% batt life

Back
Top Bottom