****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
When I plug my Orange Branded GS2 into Kies it used to show Current Firmware and Latest Firmware. It only shows Current Firmware right now which to me suggests that Jellybean is on it's way.

Soldato
After updating my phones firmware it's changed all my photos to .tecs? I can find them in the .dcim folder which I assume are my pictures but I want to back them up/save them. Is there a way? :(

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
After updating my phones firmware it's changed all my photos to .tecs? I can find them in the .dcim folder which I assume are my pictures but I want to back them up/save them. Is there a way? :(

Same issue, couldnt work it out why I could see them in gallery and not in dcim. ES file explorer and they popped up copy them to another folder and they showed up.

Associate
My S2's been pretty weird lately. I've been running CM9 final for quite some time so not sure if thats whats causing the issues?
My music randomly keep disappearing, meaning the MicroSD card or card slot is playing up. Its also been running hotter and battery is draining faster anyone got solutions?

Associate
Nothing here either. On Three. I check every day.....

On 3 too, and just used Odin to flash the Nordic variant XWLSD. Everything is working well, data and settings left intact, JB is great! :)

Less bloat on this ROM than the 3 branded one, and what there is can be disabled, unlike before.

Soldato
Eine kleine sillyquestion: is there any way to compact the icon grid in TouchWiz's Applications tabs? My apps are currently spread over 11 pages, but there's gaps and SD ghosts all over the place. They could easily compact down to nine pages.

Associate
Eine kleine sillyquestion: is there any way to compact the icon grid in TouchWiz's Applications tabs? My apps are currently spread over 11 pages, but there's gaps and SD ghosts all over the place. They could easily compact down to nine pages.

Click the applications tab --> click menu key --> click edit
Then you should be able to hold and drag any icons onto the other screens. I think that's what you are asking to do anyway? lol. Also i should add that this is how i do it on my s3 but I'm guessing its the same on the s2.

Soldato
On 3 too, and just used Odin to flash the Nordic variant XWLSD. Everything is working well, data and settings left intact, JB is great! :)

Less bloat on this ROM than the 3 branded one, and what there is can be disabled, unlike before.

Interesting.... I'm starting to get fidgety. This official rom is taking for ages!!

I've been checking for sign of it arriving since November!

If you do flash another countries official rom, I’m guessing it's easy to switch language to English.

What about switching back to your countries official once it's out??

Associate
I have now flashed LS8 over the jelly bean Leak and then flashed the LSD over the LS8.
Used Odin and it was easy. Mine were Spanish versions.
When the UK one comes out I will flash that over the top as well.

Associate
What's the best case for the S3... I bought the flip case that opens from the top not the one that opens from the side.

The plastic edges from the top have cracked and broken off but it's strange since the I have never dropped the phone or anything.

What case do you recommend I want something that covers the screen

Back
Top Bottom