***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Just wanted to make sure I had the exact version I had before as I understand that the 3UK firmware included HD audio and since fishing to criskelo etc, the call quality is definitely not as clear

If someone has a link to the last update from 3 that would be brilliant

WB-AMR is supported by every ROM, don't worry about that too much. It's actually the radio that decides if you should use this - you'd only see it on Three-to-Three calls that take place in HSPA+ areas and when traffic throughput can be assured. As Three didn't (YET - it will likely come with 4G and VoLTE) agree with Orange to allow x-network WB-AMR your chance of using it is fairly slim.

You'd know if you were using WB-AMR calls before, they sound nothing like crappy GSM Full Rate / Narrowband. They sound much more mumble/ventrillo on decent settings.

I've just found it on sammobile.com :) forgot about that site (even though it's probably been linked a million times!)

and the three to three is fine because both my girlfriend and my mother are on three and they're the people I speak to most, other people are merely text worthy :)

JB Domination 1.3.2 flashed on WanamLite 3.7. All nice!

I chose JB Domination + 15toggles mod without text with brightness slider zip + black background zip.

I'm now at home ROM wise, everything is exactly how it should be :D

Which JB Domination Universal do you download? Am I missing something here?

Why are there so many downloads here:

http://depositfiles.com/folders/331IW1D4P

Last edited:
Remember to flash stock toggles before flashing JB Domination :p

Also, flashing JB domination takes ages, it will seem like it has crashed on "clearing dalvik cach" but it just takes several minutes.

Remember to flash stock toggles before flashing JB Domination :p

Also, flashing JB domination takes ages, it will seem like it has crashed on "clearing dalvik cach" but it just takes several minutes.

Thanks for the help, I actually thought it crashed and panicked. Ha

[Crossposting from the apple forum]

Well I got my Galaxy S3. It was sad to remove most of the apps from my iPhone 4 as it is going to my parents but they only need a few.

The S3 isn't bad but there are a immediate few quirks. The screen is pretty much dire vs my i4. It lacks that retina sharpness, but has a good colour saturation to it. After using a retina screen for so long it is quite a shock to the system to adjust to another screen and I admit I am struggling with the S3 screen.

The build quality is laughable. I wish Samsung would just move away from plastic but then again the main reason I didn't go for the i5 was that I wasn't confident of Apple's anodizing processes and the early reports of scratches on the black model.

At the end of the day I always look at hardware and the S3 is sound for all the bits within so I am happy there. Currently running ICS with Nova Launcher and I love it!

I have to say, I think it's a glaring design fault having the speaker on the back. When ever I'm watching something I have the screen facing me, why would I want the sound going away from me?
I watch a lot of Sky Go and often find that full volume isn't enough. :(

I have to say, I think it's a glaring design fault having the speaker on the back. When ever I'm watching something I have the screen facing me, why would I want the sound going away from me?
I watch a lot of Sky Go and often find that full volume isn't enough. :(

I see where you come from with that, but the way i hold the phone my hand acts as a sound chamber for the speaker.

In the iPhone i found that i'd block the speaker holding the phone landscape and couldn't hear.

I see where you come from with that, but the way i hold the phone my hand acts as a sound chamber for the speaker.

In the iPhone i found that i'd block the speaker holding the phone landscape and couldn't hear.

Sometimes I have to do that, but a lot of the time, I'm working and it's on a table, or a bed or something where it is face down and muffled. :(
Is there a way of upping the volume without damaging the speaker.

What is the silver bar in the front of the phone. Is it the sensor for turning off the screen? That should be a speaker imo.

Oh yeah!! Lol, I forgot about that.
Hmm well then some genius should have made it strong enough to become a speaker when not in use.

Last edited:
[Crossposting from the apple forum]

Well I got my Galaxy S3. It was sad to remove most of the apps from my iPhone 4 as it is going to my parents but they only need a few.

The S3 isn't bad but there are a immediate few quirks. The screen is pretty much dire vs my i4. It lacks that retina sharpness, but has a good colour saturation to it. After using a retina screen for so long it is quite a shock to the system to adjust to another screen and I admit I am struggling with the S3 screen.

The build quality is laughable. I wish Samsung would just move away from plastic but then again the main reason I didn't go for the i5 was that I wasn't confident of Apple's anodizing processes and the early reports of scratches on the black model.
Not sure how your having problems with the screen. Looks damn near identical between my work iphone 4 and my S3 at normal viewing distances. (8-10") I cannot discern actual pixels until about 4" which you'd never be at. Maybe a cleartype smoothing difference?

Build quality is fine, my S3 has no finish issues. No damage out of the box for one and it all fits together tightly with no movement or creaks during use. The plastic used is just as durable as aluminium. (got more give in it before it permanently deforms) Neither is any more likely to survive being dropped, nor is either any more scratch resistant. Sensible materials for sensible prices. I won't deny that aluminium and glass might look more exotic, but it just pushes the cost up unnecessarily, it's a tool not a fashion accessory. Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing you or the iphone. I like the iphone 4, but it wasn't suited to me due to the lack of microSD and swappable batteries.

Back
Top Bottom