***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Ive just joined this little club :D

Was going to go Three but rang Orange to cancel and they gave me the phone for free, knocked £7 a month off the bill, added another gig to the data and I get the Orange swapables sky sports package, all for £12 less than I pay for my Desire HD at the moment. I am a happy chappy.

Okay, I found it here -

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

But then here -

http://consumerdiaries.wordpress.com/consumer-education/do’s-and-don’t’s-for-shoppers/

It makes it sound more like you have just 7 days.

The law provides that if you as a consumer are supplied with goods that are defective or don’t fit the purpose for which they are normally used or for the purpose that you indicated, you can within SEVEN DAYS of the supply of the goods concerned, claim a refund for the price paid for the goods; or if practicable and if you choose, replace the goods with goods which are free from defect and are fit for the purpose for which they are normally used or the purpose that the you indicated to the seller/supplier.
You can usually still get a full refund as you’re unlikely to be seen as having ‘accepted’ the goods. After that only expect exchange, repair or part-refund. The shop must prove goods weren’t faulty when they sold them after that you must prove they were.

My GS3 should be arriving in a few days, what would you guys recommend in terms of ROMs? Tempted by CM10 but would you guys go with TouchWiz over that?

My GS3 should be arriving in a few days, what would you guys recommend in terms of ROMs? Tempted by CM10 but would you guys go with TouchWiz over that?

That's totally subjective. I wouldn't want to go back to touchwiz. It all depends what you can live with.

CM10 looks and feels nicer. Stock google dailer, SMS and calendar apps are better. But CM10 still has some bugs and project butter will probably never be implemented fully.

Sorted out the free £50 Quick Tap on four S3's, right pain because all have custom ROMS on and the new SIM cards didn't indicate which number they were for and took ages to activate.
If you have an Orange S3 it's worth doing but HURRY as the offer ends at 23:59 on the 5th.

Call Orange CS and ask for a Quick Tap SIM (sent first class), Register SIM
Nandroid Backup
I9300ORABLG1 ROM w/Odin in PDA
Reset+Wipe in Recovery
Install Quick Tap Wallet from Play Store
Set it up over mobile data which installs Payments application
Register in the app
CF-Root w/Odin in PDA
Backup app+data for Quick Tap Wallet and Payments w/TB
Restore Nandroid Backup
Restore Quick Tap Wallet and Payments apps+data w/TB

Enjoy free sausage rolls.