***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
I'll get used to it :p

Still got an itchy finger for Wanamlite.... The thing is, I CBA setting the phone up again for official JB even on Wanam. I know you could probably get away with not doing a reset but the fact remains that DLIB has been known to be buggy so I would rather have official JB Wanam + Domination....

Oh the wait :(

Soldato
That depends. If you want to stay on the modded ROM then you just wait a few days for the dev to update it then you should just need to flash it as per before.

If you want to go onto "official" JB from Samsung then you need to reflash it back to stock before plugging it into KIES or, alternatively, you may find that someone will upload the FW which you can use ODIN to put on without reflashing to stock OR there may be a stock Nandroid image made available.

TBH, if you are happy with the modded ROM and all it's tweaked settings, I would just wait till the Dev updates it which won't take long. You shouldnt have to reset your phone either once flashed.

What ROM are you on? I am getting an itchy finger for Wanamlite TBH. I have it ready to go but just keep holding out for official JB for some reason :(

Edit: As for that Turkey Rom shown above.... Christ on a bike I feel queasy :o :(

Thanks for reply Richie
Currently I'm back on stock Samsung / O2 ics
Went thru the whole process on Thursday of root etc etc and was going to stick super nexus on, but then read about wifi issues and decided to unroot and flash back lol

Now I'm going to root again but wanted to know exactly what happens when jb is live, does it auto download and install? Or just get a noti telling me its available as I don't really want to be messing round unexpected if it auto downloads and installs

I think I'm going to try super nexus

Soldato
You won't get OTA for Official Jellybean if you have installed SuperNexus.

In theory official is going to run better and what's out now yes?
Only it will have all the bloat ware loaded into it and not look as nice as some of the current roms?

Soldato
Anyone got a link to the latest Super Nexus rom please?

Thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1817345

Top result from Google for 'Supernexus'

In theory official is going to run better and what's out now yes?
Only it will have all the bloat ware loaded into it and not look as nice as some of the current roms?

That's what I believe, until Samsung release the source code and/or documentation for the Exynos chip inside, AOSP/AOKP ROMs may not run quite as well. But often the benefits of no bloat means they appear to be running just as fast anyway.

Caporegime
Right i keep getting the samsung account wants to update message every so often even though ive updated it.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?? Im rooted and have titanium installed and i know you can freeze the app but im not sure which files i should be freezing or apks.

Anyone have any idea??

emu

emu

Associate
im back on stock for the mo only so i can use sky go

but i was really surprised how easy it was to root and install a dif rom then get back to stock so easily

had about 10 different android phones and this one has been the easiest to do

Soldato
I appreciate this is a bit lazy but I have googled it and I find the dev sites like XDA seems to make anything other than a superficial skim read become intentionally nerdy and complicated.

I'd like my current CM10 but with some of the samsung goodies like smart stay.

So, as far as I see it the best thing to do would be..

flash the JB wanamlite ROM
flash the 15 toggles thing as it looks handy
flash jb domination (which I understand is a stock jb theme)

And that should wind up with me having basically a freed up fairly stock samsung galaxy s3 on jellybean with a stock theme?

AMIRITE?

Man of Honour
Pretty much, but before you flash JB Dom theme you need to flash the stock toggles on WanamLite then flash JB Dom, then I think there's an extended toggles pack available that is compatible with the theme.

Back
Top Bottom