***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Associate
I have a S3 and coming from iPhone 4, android took a bit of getting used to. Finally understanding that it's all about customising your phone rather than using it as stock as compared to iOS I'm starting to enjoy it more.

I know the jelly bean is not officially out yet but what are the the other ways of getting it on the phone and what is the advantage of having it now compared to when it's officially released?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The advantage of having it now is that your epenis extends somewhat :p

Also the camcorder is better, the notifications are better and power efficiency seems better too.

You'd need to root to install it though unless you install a stock build from sammobile using Odin which doesn't require root.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Updated to 3.8 Wanam, has tweaks to memory and CPU as well as secure kernel which should play better with certain apps/features I guess (allshare cast).

JB Domination is still working since it's still LIB.

Soldato
mrk, if you get chance, could you install widgetlocker on wanam and tell me if it works every time you wake the phone? half the time it just wouldn't work for me :( I'd press a button and either see the stock lockscreen or the homescreen :(

Not sure if it's JB related or if it's just my phone having some sort of breakdown lol

Soldato
If I was able to store photos to sd card with this nexus rom it would be perfect
Do you think, when they update it when jb is officially released this option will become available ?

Also

What's the simplest way to go back to stock from nexus rom ? Restore the backup i made via cwr ?

emu

emu

Associate
If I was able to store photos to sd card with this nexus rom it would be perfect
Do you think, when they update it when jb is officially released this option will become available ?

Also

What's the simplest way to go back to stock from nexus rom ? Restore the backup i made via cwr ?

http://rootgalaxys3iii.com/unroot-galaxy-s3/

i used this but had to rename the firmware file from .md5 to .tar

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
mrk, if you get chance, could you install widgetlocker on wanam and tell me if it works every time you wake the phone? half the time it just wouldn't work for me :( I'd press a button and either see the stock lockscreen or the homescreen :(

Not sure if it's JB related or if it's just my phone having some sort of breakdown lol

Just re installed the paid version and it seems to wake up the phone just phone every time!

Soldato
It's really annoyed me that you can't move apps to sd card
Do you think it's been deliberately done or could they fix it in jelly bean

Associate
There's no need to move any apps to the SD card?!

Unless your talking about huge games? If so you can use directory bind to move big apps to the SD card.

Soldato
When you've got a couple of games like Dark Knight Rises @ 1.8GB, Asphalt 7 @ 1.4GB... Then a full system CWM backup @ 2.9GB it's pretty easy to fill up 16GB!! I've only got 1.2GB free on my internal

(I only have a 2GB card so moving the backup isn't an option yet...)

Soldato
Seems theres a fair bit of interest over on XDA about porting the multiwindow features of the NoteII over to the SGS3. Not sure how useful it would be on the smaller screen, but I'd love to see it done!

Back
Top Bottom