***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Best satnav app lads?

Been using google maps but would like something where I can cache maybe england as a whole.

I read the new tomtom app is out but not yet for s3 as they need to optimise the highres screen, Is it worth waiting for?

Caporegime
I should really get around to flashing a custom rom on my rooted S3 but just dont know where to begin and which one would be the best one.

I suppose im probably better off waiting for JB then seeing whats out there.

Soldato
Just setting up my new S3.

When we finally get the JB update will we have to reinstall all the apps etc, does it do a complete factory reset to JB ?

If that is the case im going to hold off installing everything until the JB update comes out.

Man of Honour
Just setting up my new S3.

When we finally get the JB update will we have to reinstall all the apps etc, does it do a complete factory reset to JB ?

If that is the case im going to hold off installing everything until the JB update comes out.

Not if you just use the official stock rom it'll be a straight over the top flash.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
You can download sections from google as offline maps. It's irritating that you can only do <90mb chunks and you can only have 6 offline maps in total.
Screenshot_2012-10-12-17-11-03.png
Screenshot_2012-10-12-17-09-23.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone had issues with the nexus rom and network drops
I'm not sure if O2 Are down in my area or if its the rom
Wife's iPhone is playing up too so I'm questing its O2 but just wanted to know if any super nex network issues had been noticed

Also

How do I get the camera roll to save to ext sd card

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Shame the downloaded areas can't be used for navigation though :p
Cheers, hadn't tried it before so didn't know about that. It'll still be quite useful for walking/cycling out in the sticks but that's about it then.

How do I get the camera roll to save to ext sd card
On the stock rom, at the bottom of the settings list (in camera) there is storage which you can switch between phone and memory card. If your using a 3rd party rom i can't help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom