***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
They aren't really that buggy. Been using Omega rom since I got my S3 and had no problems :s

However I am bored of Omega and I installed Foxhound today. Liking it but I really would have prefered the stock JB theme. I either have to have the TouchWiz theme which is ok or the Foxhound one which is a good but has some parts I don't like. Also the black apps, while I thought they would look good, don't. The play store is ugly.

I think I might try the Wanamlite rom but I would prefer some stock JB apps rather than the S3 ones. It's why I was looking at Foxhound. So hard to choose :(

Also am I right in saying that the samsung account backup/restore does not work very well on custom roms? The play store sucks for restoring apps. (I know the Samsung acc doesn't do this)

Soldato
Get the JB Domination theme.. That'll give you the stock Android look :) regardless of what ROM you're on

Yeah I got it and installed it on Foxhound but system UI crashes on launch. Might give it a go with wanamlite tonight but I just installed all my apps and effort and blah lol

Soldato
If the system ui is force closing after installing domination then you need to flash stock toggles over your ROM before flashing the theme

(there's a stock toggles link under the download link for wanamlite)

Then flash the 15 toggles mod from the domination thread.

Soldato
jb domination really doesn't look 100% like stock, things like the notification area is quite different based off wanamlite.

Not 100% sure I like it but not sure I can be bothered to flash a stock rom just to recover my CM10s wifi.

Annoying!

Associate
Is there any codecs for MX player (or any player for that matter) that I can download that will enable me to play a 720p AVCHD mp4 file without it stuttering/stopping about a minute in?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Widget restoration is done via your launcher. I use Nova and it has the ability to restore widgets via a workaround in its settings. Sometimes Titanium restoring of your launcher and its data then immediately restarting can result in restoration of widgets as well but usually they'll just show up as "cannot load widget" squares on the homescreen.

jb domination really doesn't look 100% like stock, things like the notification area is quite different based off wanamlite.

Not 100% sure I like it but not sure I can be bothered to flash a stock rom just to recover my CM10s wifi.

Annoying!

The notification area is different a bit, just some icons for toggles and the button layout. IMO it's better and more functional than complete stock JB but it does on the whole offer a stock experience but with the Samsung features.

Is there any codecs for MX player (or any player for that matter) that I can download that will enable me to play a 720p AVCHD mp4 file without it stuttering/stopping about a minute in?

BSPlayer Free?

Soldato
AFAIK no backup/restore can restore widgets, I've always had to do it manually

For the record though, I didn't wipe anything coming from stock ICS to wanamlite 3.8, then updated last night to 3.9 and I've still got all my apps/data working perfectly from ICS :) No FCs or bugs or anything that I've found yet - it's awesome lol

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Dont tell anyone but Im glad ur here. You've helped me and others out plenty of times.

Warm...fuzzy...feeling AAAA! :o

Just tried that - still no joy. I'm not too sure whether it's the mp4 thats causing the bother or this supernexus rom I'm currently using - any ideas?

Ah Supernexus, does it have full on hardware decode support for all video types like Samsung ROMs do now? I know there were issues with this on CM10 early on but I stopped checking them out back then as well!

Back
Top Bottom