***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Associate
My sound has suddenly stopped working, notifications, playing music on loud speaker etc. I've tried a factory reset in case some setting was screwed up but that hasn't worked.

It worked up until this afternoon when I put it on silent for half hour and since then nothing. Any ideas?

Slightly puzzled now over my sound problem. I just had a call ring perfectly fine, along with three or four text messages and now its stopped working again.

I'm going to have to take it back to T-Mobile, does anyone know if they will do a straight swap in the shop or would they send it away for repair? Don't fancy losing my phone while its repaired.

Associate
Definitely noticed battery drain while using build 4 of the Supernexus rom.

Think I might try this Wanamlite one tonight and see how I fare.

Soldato
Go into Samsung Voice and Settings then disable the double click home button action. Lag = Gone :) No need for Samsung voice with Google's new thing.

Wanam goes one step further with decreased home button delay as well so it's a bit snappier yet.

Damn that needs like it's own sticky or something, very good! All this time I thought it was just bad coding or the cpu wasn't fast enough to do such a complex request as going to the home screen!

Soldato
My S3 LTE turned up yesterday but unfortunately it has a ink line that runs across the entire length of the screen and can be seen in daylight too so it's going back.

JB really flies on it and it takes the S3 on another level.

Bummer dude :(

Are you getting the Blue just for the colour or is it considerably cheaper?

Soldato
Loving the smallest things about Wanamlite like when the screen goes to sleep it shuts off like the old tv screen to the middle with a horizontal line...

It's really smooth for me so far..........

Associate
I've just managed to crack the screen on my S3, but luckily it is just the outer glass that is broken (plus a couple of scuffs on the silver bezel which I can live with). I've seen a couple of guides on line that show you how to replace just the glass yourself, but if there is a paid for option with a little more protection (i.e. if they break the phone further they will sort it out) and that isn't too expensive I'd rather go with that. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with sorting this out?

Edit: Also, I'm guessing this sort of damage wouldn't be covered under the manufacturer warranty? If it helps I purchased the phone SIM free from CPW when it launched.

Last edited:
Associate
Loving the smallest things about Wanamlite like when the screen goes to sleep it shuts off like the old tv screen to the middle with a horizontal line...

It's really smooth for me so far..........

Yeah the Supernexus ROM has that as well-looking to flash Wanamlite this evening though so nice to see that feature is on there.

Soldato
So if I'm on a cm10 nightly and use cm10 updater to download the latest one can I just flash straight over the top without having to wipe etc? To be honest I'm not even sure why I want to lol, mine is stable right now but newer is better!

Associate
Ignore everything else, people on XDA like to talk a lot of complex stuff even though it's not needed :p

1: Flash Wanamlite 3.7
2: Flash Stock toggles (linked in Wanam thread)
3: Flash JB Domination 1.3.5 or whatever the latest is to get stock JB look and feel
4: Flash the JB Domination addon, 15 toggles (linked in JB Domination thread, 3rd post IIRC)
5: ????
6: Profit :D

Where are the stock toggles - nothing seems to be linked on the intial post?

Associate
Anyone else find that on the wanamlite rom the scrolling of widgets is jerky? Also the notification bar doesn't seem as snappy as ICS.

I'm going back to ICS, i agree that the home pages scroll more smoother but the widget menu is getting on my nerves lol

Back
Top Bottom