***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Never mind, third time lucky.....and now i dont know what the fuss was about it literally looks and feels the same to me. Not sure what this buttery smoothness is people talk about because i dont notice any change lol.

Think i am just bored of android now, might be time to look at the new windows phones for me :p

Caporegime
That is irritating that...... branded phones get the update before sim free devices, WTF!?

Same thing happened with the HTC one S and 4.0.4 update :mad: Same thing with the GS 2 and ICS update. God knows what other phones have encountered the same.

I wish google would sort all these companies/networks out regarding updates.

Think i am just bored of android now, might be time to look at the new windows phones for me :p

Bored of android?!?!?!?!

Wants to move to windows phone............

:confused:

:p

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Done it it says 4.1.1 but it don't seem much different lol

I know, I thought the same!
In fact thought it hadn't worked. I guess msot of the changes on this version are under the skin?

Out of interest what is recommended as a stock JB ROM for the S3?

Tried to follow this thread but so many posts got lost to what has been tried and worked.

Soldato
I guess it'll come with a new back cover like the S2 one did?

Not sure if it will ruin the shape of the phone. I seem to one of the few people that actually like the look and feel of the naked S3 (oo-er).... Unless of course they have developed a higher density battery like LG reportedly have....

Not that I need it of course. I am regularly going 2-3 days and having 25% left. I am currently at home just now connected to WiFi all the time and not using it much so it stays in Deep Sleep about 90% of the time :p

Soldato
Guys i am looking for this new voice stuff that jellybean is meant to have and cant find it? Is it just voice search? My sister s3 is still on ics and she is here visiting and we both seem to have the same voice app and mine seems no better? :/

If i ask 'set a timer for ten minutes' it does a web search for it, doesnt set an actual timer etc.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Guys i am looking for this new voice stuff that jellybean is meant to have and cant find it? Is it just voice search? My sister s3 is still on ics and she is here visiting and we both seem to have the same voice app and mine seems no better? :/

If i ask 'set a timer for ten minutes' it does a web search for it, doesnt set an actual timer etc.

Try this site, it lists voice commands:
http://www.intomobile.com/2012/07/28/long-list-jelly-bean-voice-commands/

Time has to be AM or PM rather 24hr time.

Soldato
Literally seems identical to my sisters one on ics, we tried them side by side and the results and speed were the same :/

Thanks for the link for the commands, though they dont really do what they say. For instance i just tried the 'play musicname' and it recognised my command and.....did a web search for my song. Doesnt open the music player and play it like the command says it will :|

Last edited:
Soldato
whats the difference between wanam lite and super nexus rom
what does wanam do that SN cant

also, what happens when o2 decide to release JB will i get a notification or will it auto download ?

and does anyone have a decent link for wanamlite

Last edited:
Soldato
whats the difference between wanam lite and super nexus rom
what does wanam do that SN cant

also, what happens when o2 decide to release JB will i get a notification or will it auto download ?

and does anyone have a decent link for wanamlite

It won't auto-download, you need to request it.

SuperNexus is basically the Galaxy Nexus on a Samsung S3 i.e. stock JB. This means you lose all the motion stuff from the Samsung ROM and it will look basically like a Galaxy Nexus would as that is its purpose.

Wanamlite is a Samsung based ROM (so you lose no features) but strips out some of the bloat e.g. Yahoo Weather, ChatOn etc. It adds a few tweaks which are listed in the link:

http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=10451

This also has the download link.

If you want the JB look but on a Samsung ROM then you can flash JB Domination theme which Robbie has posted a few times. THis leaves the ROM alone but themes certain things to make it look more Jellybean-ish.

I am waiting on Wanam releasing a UK unlocked ROM (BTU) before I flash it and add Domination Theme.

Back
Top Bottom