***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've just ordered my S3 as I was due an upgrade. What's the best way to back it up as soon as I get it, as I plan on installing a custom ROM, however I want to make sure I have to official ROM backed up in case.

I know you! How's the Secret Santa present? :D

As for the question, just make sure your default ROM is available on Sammobile.com which will be a bone stock build, cross ref the build to the one on Sammobile and if it's the same then download and save somewhere and go about rooting then flashing a custom ROM.

If you ever need to restore it to factory default to be sent away etc then just flash the downloaded stock ROM from sam's using Odin. This will restore everything to how it was.

Soldato
WanamLite Jelly bean XXDLJ1 V4.0 Android 4.1.1 Fast & Smooth & Rock Stable

Changes log:

Based on LJ1
NEDLI1 modem
BTU as default CSC
H3G CSC (122 csc )
Repacked LJ1 kernel
Debloated (Removed All share, Svoice, SocialHub, Chaton, SamsungApps,Yahoo, useless widgets...)
Smart Rotation support
Enabled Emoji support on the Messaging app (untested)
Maybe more things i don't remember

http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=11293

So basically this is what Wanamlite would be with the actual BTU update given that it is set to BTU as default?

If so I will probably get this tomorrow :)

Soldato
I know you! How's the Secret Santa present? :D

As for the question, just make sure your default ROM is available on Sammobile.com which will be a bone stock build, cross ref the build to the one on Sammobile and if it's the same then download and save somewhere and go about rooting then flashing a custom ROM.

If you ever need to restore it to factory default to be sent away etc then just flash the downloaded stock ROM from sam's using Odin. This will restore everything to how it was.

Cheers - it's great, the nephew has had hours of fun with me on that, sadly he's better at programming it than me!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Un-related to the impending JB update, don't suppose any GSIII expert would mind if I emailed them in trust with a question about downgrading FW/Kernel? Virtual beer in it for you :)

I don't know about expert lol but sure go ahead.

Cheers - it's great, the nephew has had hours of fun with me on that, sadly he's better at programming it than me!

Good to hear :)

Soldato
So I flashed the I9300NEDLI1 modem that's coming with the new JB firmwares, and after I rebooted I got an sms from Vodafone saying they were going to send me a setup configuration to make sure I had access in the internet :p

Not sure why, maybe just a coincidence.

Soldato
WanamLite Jelly bean XXDLJ1 V4.0 Android 4.1.1 Fast & Smooth & Rock Stable

Changes log:

Based on LJ1
NEDLI1 modem
BTU as default CSC
H3G CSC (122 csc )
Repacked LJ1 kernel
Debloated (Removed All share, Svoice, SocialHub, Chaton, SamsungApps,Yahoo, useless widgets...)
Smart Rotation support
Enabled Emoji support on the Messaging app (untested)
Maybe more things i don't remember

http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=11293

Blimey only got 3.9 the other day?

I'm so happy with 3.9 I'm unlikely to change to 4.0 any time soon

Soldato
So I flashed the I9300NEDLI1 modem that's coming with the new JB firmwares, and after I rebooted I got an sms from Vodafone saying they were going to send me a setup configuration to make sure I had access in the internet :p

Not sure why, maybe just a coincidence.

If you try and access with the wrong APN details or your phone alerts the network it has none then voda do SMS-pushback for APN config. It's nifty.

Soldato
Just out of interest then, what are the actual differences between a standard unbranded BTU released ROM and lets say a ROM from Orange or O2. Is it just a case of they've slapped a bit of branding/logo on there with some custom APN changes or is there something more fundamental?

Soldato
I'm also getting a 56ms ping on this UK 3 ROM, which is brilliant!

:cool:

I was quite surprised when I got this on HSPA EE:

Screenshot_2012-10-18-03-59-20_zps47e58a0b.png

Back
Top Bottom