***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Caporegime
Right got an issue here, my phone is stuck on the black screen with Samsung Galaxy S3 logo and its not booting up :/

All i did was flash the new siyah kernal through CWM flash update installer and it seemed to have done it but its been sat at that screen for the past 10 mins now. Ive tried taking the battery out and rebooting but to no avail.

Ermmm have i bricked my phone?? and if not how do i get to reboot fully.

Soldato
A friend of mine just got an s3 on orange on upgrade and is after selling it, the misses is after one but she's on T-mobile, are they normally locked and if so can I unlock it?

Sorry for the noob question but I don't know anything about phone unlocking rooting etc. I've got an s3 myself but perfectly happy stock :)

A simple yes or no would be great :)

Caporegime
Right now i have a flashing screen with some sort of funky logo from the siyah website lol.

I flashed the siyahKernel S3-v1.7rc1 with odin on my laptop, it passed then the phone rebooted but now cant get past the flashing logo.

Is there any way i can fix this or is my phone completely bricked....

Man of Honour
Right now i have a flashing screen with some sort of funky logo from the siyah website lol.

I flashed the siyahKernel S3-v1.7rc1 with odin on my laptop, it passed then the phone rebooted but now cant get past the flashing logo.

Is there any way i can fix this or is my phone completely bricked....

You're a walking disaster leave the flashing alone! lol you need to use an older siyah kernel that's compatible with ICS.
http://d-h.st/users/siyah/?fld_id=5905#files
Siyah-s3-v1.5.3.tar that's the one you want.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You're a walking disaster leave the flashing alone! lol you need to use an older siyah kernel that's compatible with ICS.
http://d-h.st/users/siyah/?fld_id=5905#files
Siyah-s3-v1.5.3.tar that's the one you want.

LOL thanks, ill try flashing that kernal through Odin...hopefully it will come back to life.

I'll report back if it works...fingers crossed:p

Caporegime
Phewwww ok thanks tom for the help buddy, just flashed it and phone has come back to life.

Right just to be clear for future reference, the siyah kernal s3-v1.7 rc1 is only for JB roms right??. So i shouldnt be flashing to that kernal if im running ICS??

Man of Honour
No worries bud, anything above v1.5.3 is for JB only.
I only know this because I made the same mistake of flashing v1.7 on my ICS S3 the other day and dropped a brick when it just looped :D

Back
Top Bottom