***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Might be a it behind the times with this, just discovered on stock JB that if you adjust the slider with Automatic Brightness on, you can increase the default brightness! Yay, I always thought it was too dark before! :D

I mentioned this many weeks ago, it is indeed a cool feature! Variable auto brightness is win.

Also following on from the ICS days, Samsung have kept the "flick the top of the screen" action to show the notification bar when playing full screen apps.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Disable Samsung keyboard?

Mine is enabled but it doesn't take over SwiftKey upon reboot though.

In the latest JB release too I see Samsung have plugged the bug where the home button wake doesn't take you to the home screen after waking up, brilliant :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No guide is needed, it really is that easy.

1: Put phone into download mode (vol down + power when off)
2: Connect phone, Odin will say it's connected.
3: Click PDA and choose the downloaded ROM file then click start making sure you have not touched any of the other options in Odin.

Associate
Whenever I launch Kies and connect my phone, it prompts me for a firmware update, downloads the files then stops there every single time. :(

Anybody else had this happen to them or know of any solutions?

Soldato
For the extra £80 I'd probably buy new to be honest.

That link you showed is one I emailed the seller about here is the response I got regarding warranty and vat receipt.

"Thank you for your email.

I am sorry but the S3 we provided is not qualified for the 2 year warranty and we are not VAT registered in the UK"

Sounds like imports, so tomorrow, im off to cpwh and see if they will price match asda, ill find some junk to sell on the ol bay to make up the £90 difference for my refurb :)

Soldato
Can someone please post a link/guide to flash BTU JB via Odin onto a stock S3. KIES is being a nightmare and hanging.

You sure?? Because with the wanam JB romantic I'm running, it actually says at the bottom what you can say in order for the phone to take pictures.

I don't ever recall anything like that on my stock ICS rom.

Hmm, how long have we have JB? A month or more back I was using it...

It's listed as a feature here -

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/promotions/galaxys3/index.html

Associate
Most people with that problem found disabling their firewall temporary fixed the download freezing issue

I had this problem and thought that kies crashed. Infact, after it has downloaded the update the box dissapears, then wait upto 5-10mins and it carries on with the update. It worked in the end.

Did the second one, and it seems to have worked - Thanks! :)

Is there any way to change it so that Google Voice search opens when you double-press the home button rather than S-voice?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nova launcher allows you to use the home button when on the home screen to launch another app, I use menu button hold to launch google voice search and home button to launch the camera.

Soldato
Flashed 2x Galaxy S3's today to the latest stock Jelly Bean. Got another 1 or 2 to do tomorrow, as well as apply a few screen protectors.

First I ran triangle away to reset the counter, then I restored the phone to factory settings and finally I flashed to the latest Jelly Bean rom (via Odin) which also removes the root. Can't believe how simple it all is. Jelly Bean on the S3 is very nice indeed, feels just as fast/smooth as my Note II.

Soldato
Somehow I've lost the google translate via the camera function in the app? It is only coming up with translate text or sms now? There doesn't seem to be a 'back' or 'input' button anywhere, and I have the camera check box ticked in settings (but that relates to user feedback not really enabling the function itself)

Back
Top Bottom