***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Hmm Allshare Cast randomly disconnects on Wanam 4.2....more investigation needed.

Tried allshare cast today round my sisters house, its great for when you have people round and want to mirror pics, web, YT etc on the big screen.

What disappointed me was the compression on the mirror, was quite bad on full res pics, less noticeable on videos, although a few hd vids weren't fully smooth.

Can't wait till its becomes perfect, next gen maybe.

Associate
I've been getting the same message and had been thinking how easy it was with my old iphone4/itunes to get updates. :o
Thanks for the suggestion to use Kies, I can get back to not missing my iphone at all again.

Soldato
Anyone finding their default keyboard choice is getting reset to the samsung one after rebooting their phone? Getting a bit fed up with selecting thumb keyboard every time! (running wanam 4.2)

Associate
I'm trying to update my S3 through Kies but as it is downloading I keep getting an error message saying cannot connect to phone server or something along those lines.

Is anyone else having trouble?

Is there another way to do it? I read about odin but I only use a mac.

Soldato
Anyone finding their default keyboard choice is getting reset to the samsung one after rebooting their phone? Getting a bit fed up with selecting thumb keyboard every time! (running wanam 4.2)

It's a problem on other DLJ4 roms too. Just freeze/delete the samsung keyboard with titanium :)

Soldato
Soldato
My keyboard is now doing that and I'm on CM10. Just yesterday I noticed the mini keyboard icon appearing in my status bar and seeing that the os had defaulted to the JB stock one.

Not looked into the issue properly though.

Soldato
#Noob alert#
Just got the wife an S3, it's locked to Orange, she has a T-mobile sim.

I've browsed this thread and someone said to use this link to get stock firmware: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

This is to unroot and flash a stock rom, is this what I need to do or do I need to root it?

Definitely not interested in any aftermarket roms just want it stock and work with her T-mobile sim.

Soldato
I've done the same for someone who had a locked s3.

This is what I did:

1- root the phone
2- use sim unlock app to unlock phone
3- flash latest jellybean firmware

The phone remained unlocked when I updated to JB but it was no longer rooted, which was perfect. :)

Sorry I havent given any links, I'm posting from my phone.

Back
Top Bottom