***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Stupid question.

The guys that are updating are you getting carrier updates or are you using the stock firmware? If it is stock can someone give me a step by step IDIOTS guide to getting that?

as I want to get rid of this Orange rubbish!

Stupid question.

The guys that are updating are you getting carrier updates or are you using the stock firmware? If it is stock can someone give me a step by step IDIOTS guide to getting that?

as I want to get rid of this Orange rubbish!

I could go through it with you later this evening when I get back from work, if you haven't already done it by then.

Meanwhile, have a read of this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

You need to download the firmware from there, it's the latest stock Jelly Bean for the S3.

Only you can know why. Installing Better Battery Stats would tell you but I would guess it is Google Now and Latitude that are doing it. Turn them both off and you will be back to normal.

How do you turn off Google now and Latitude??. Can i freeze them in titanium or is there another way of turning them off.

As im suffering from terrible battery life, im on the wanam v4.2 JB Rom and rooted.

How do you turn off Google now and Latitude??. Can i freeze them in titanium or is there another way of turning them off.

As im suffering from terrible battery life, im on the wanam v4.2 JB Rom and rooted.

Check:

System Settings -> Location Access (or similar)

There's also location settings under your Google account.

I've been running Wanamlite for a while now and really like it, I installed it when I was ICS. I was wondering though if Wanamlite completely replaces the OS or if it overlays to upgrade certain bits to JB.

I'm asking because my camera is still ICS and not JB, is this correct or should I update to the stock JB and then install Wanamlite over the top?

Gnow - Go into Google Now (long press menu button) and then press Menu, Settings, Google Now and press the slider at the very top to turn it off.

Latitude - Go to Maps, Settings, Location Settings and uncheck all the boxes.

You may want to reboot your phone after this to make sure all the services are stopped.

I've been running Wanamlite for a while now and really like it, I installed it when I was ICS. I was wondering though if Wanamlite completely replaces the OS or if it overlays to upgrade certain bits to JB.

I'm asking because my camera is still ICS and not JB, is this correct or should I update to the stock JB and then install Wanamlite over the top?

If you are wondering if the camera should be like the JB launch event (filmstrip type use) then it won't be. That is the standard JB camera which is replaced by the Samsung camera. Apparently the Samsung one is better though.

What smartphone are you going to get then if you don't like smartphone battery life?

The only thing better is a Note 2...and that's Android.

Or a dumbphone :p

Back
Top Bottom