***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Just tried setting it to US and Gmail cards show up. Swiftkey stayed as UK English.

Also, there's an option to change the units for weather cards now :)

Losses? As has been mentioned, you could sell an S3, buy a 16 gig Nexus 4 and probably make a few quid. This should mean we can all make a fairly even judgement on it.

For me, I don't think the added bits in 4.2 are worth 'dropping down' to an LG device ;)

Exactly.

If it had a bigger battery and better camera perhaps it might be worth considering but it's a downgrade to make a bit of extra ££ at the end of the day.

Anyone who has a S3 rooted with a custom ROM really has no reason to sell up and shift unless they're strapped for cash big time.

I'll stick to my yearly routine, by phone sim free, sell at half price a year later and get the next top phone and refresh sim only contract at £10/month using the contract savings built up over those 12 months toward the purchase of the next sim free handset.

I agree with Robbie TBH. Sure the chipset on the N4 beats the S3 but there is nothing out there that really pushes the S3 anyway. There are a couple of annoyances on the S3 but not enough to make me want to change... yet.

1. Damn games only being made for Nvidia chips
2. Android updates taking an age to get to non-Nexus phones - not so bad now that several apps are separate from OS so get updated themselves.

Saying that, I would rather have a phone with an external SD card. I would be satisfied without one if I could get 32GB storage at a reasonable price though....

Unless something miraculous happens with the N4 then I won't be changing.

Yes, losses, as in...your gs3 that you bought for 450 quid two weeks ago is now worth 300 quid.

Well, if someone paid £450 two weeks ago, tbh, that's their own fault... and I don't believe that would be the type of person that changes regularly, that would be the 'I'm going to use this for a year or two' type.

If it's the 'switches every 3 months type' and they pay that much for a 6 month old phone, they must be made of money and it wont matter to them.

Saying that, I would rather have a phone with an external SD card. I would be satisfied without one if I could get 32GB storage at a reasonable price though....

It's funny, at one point I was with the '16 gig is plenty of space' crowd, and not even because you can use the cloud, but just that I never have more than 2 gig of music that I listen to at one time, so why would I need 32 gig.

But... I go on holiday this month, which means I need storage for 2 reasons.

1. I would like some movies and TV shows on my phone. I'll probably load my N7 with these, but still might be handy to have.

2. I use my Eye-Fi card to transfer photo's direct to my phone. This is where they will live until I get home, not on the camera as they have in the past. Last year I took 10 gig of footage and I wouldn't be surprised if this year I take more.

With my S3, I think I'll buy a 64 gig card. 16 gig wouldn't be even close for this trip.

Is it still worth getting the S3? As I know there are a lot of good deals out now and there are more colours to choose from rather than just white and blue

Back
Top Bottom