***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I used to watch the % meter on the iPhone 4s and it used to drive me mad watching it drop. I turned the % stat off and never looked back, stopped me 'clock watching'!! No % meter on the S3 now either and i can get 36 hours out of it with relative ease and i'm not stressed about those few % it's dropped whenever... My opinion on the S3 battery is its one of the best i've personally had.

If you turn off GNow and Latitude it lasts a LOT longer. My battery (on JB) only dropped 4% over an 11 hour period on standby. Compare that with GNow on and it went down about 12-13%.

ATM I can last a day no probs so it is not a hassle. If it becomes one then I will turn those items off and get better battery.

OK, that makes it worse on battery life than the iPhone but then the iPhone does not have something even close to Google Now. I was sat one day and the thing beeped to tell me I had an appointment. Yeah yeah, nothing special but it also worked out from my current location and using group sourcing from other Android phones and traffic systems that I should leave by a certain time if I wanted to arrive on time given the prevailing traffic conditions... Damn thing was accurate to the minute nearly...

Love it :D

But hey, if you prefer iPhone then go for it.

Last edited:
I've had some battery drain issues, like losing over 50% in 6 hours whilst left untouched in my locker. Turned out to be my exchange settings. (Getting gmail to work via push with default email app) Since fixing it and upgrading to jellybean I managed to get over 4.5 hours screen on time with just browsing use. Generally though my battery lasts about 2 days with average use. I don't use latitude or google now as they aren't needed for anything I do.

man alive, I just saw the price... it's just done, done done and done. 16GB for me.

It'll be my first ever LG which is saying something considering the amount I've been through in 15 years in the industry!

Gnow - Go into Google Now (long press menu button) and then press Menu, Settings, Google Now and press the slider at the very top to turn it off.

Latitude - Go to Maps, Settings, Location Settings and uncheck all the boxes.

You may want to reboot your phone after this to make sure all the services are stopped.

Brilliant thanks Richie, did it last night and left my phone overnight, it was on 95% and this morning it was down to 90% whereas before id leave it overnight at 100% then wake up the next morning around 10am and it would be down to 85%.

Seems like google now was the culprit, was draining the battery pretty quickly when not in use.

Anyone else on JB can and has updated Google Now - do you have the "Gmail Cards" within the settings menu like this? -

nexusae0_2012-10-29-14.19.29_thumb.png

I don't seem to have it so packages etc don't work yet I have the new cards like News etc :confused:

Or is this a US only thing again? :rolleyes:

Edit: yep, you have to change the phone language (Setting > Language and Input >Phone Language) to English US....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom