***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

This morning I noticed my Galaxy SIII has a crack in the bezel just below the sleep/wake button :(. I've never dropped the phone and the condition of the phone is pristine.

Checking on the internet and it seems a lot people are having this problem. Anyone dealt with a similar matter? :(

Interesting issue.

Location services don't seem to working for apps.

Be they facebook or weather etc...

Irrespective of whether or not I have GPS enabled (though normally it should be able to use your network location). It just cannot find me.

I've turned location services on, in particular "use wifi/wireless networks".

However - when I get home onto a Wifi network - everything works. So it has to be something to do with the mobile network then, surely?

Notifications for facebook don't pop up either unless I'm connected to wifi which is irritating as it means having to actively check my phone to update FB to see if I have messages.

This was ever since the JB update.

Anyone had a call from Barclays about the NFC payments with Orange quick tap?

I got the £50 they offered but couldnt get the barclay card app to download in quick tap, Just had a phone call saying that after I logged into my account it should download another app on my phone...

Just want to make sure this guy isnt a scammer etc before I log in...

since ive updated to jellybean if i hold the button on my headset it brings up something to with google voice instead of skipping song on poweramp

anyone else had this issue and know a way round it?

thanks

Any news on when jelly bean will be released for Orange? Im holding off rooting and flashing as I dont want to F it up, and if anyone will....I will.
It's out already, I updated our nipper's Orange S3 a good few days ago, Sunday IIRC.
Update it via KIES if the OTA still isn't working. We had to.

Hi

I'm noticing my battery life is not as good as it was , I checked under battery usage and I have something called gpsd which is using 72%

I guess it has something to do with gps?

cheers

You can try installing LBE Privacy Guard, so you can restrict certain apps trying to access GPS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.security.lite&hl=en

Hi

Well I seem to have solved the problem but not sure how, I uninstalled Accuweather and also a few other not needed apps like google play books , turned on/off gps and also restarted my phone.

gpsd was still there but it had suddenly dropped to 30% usage and eventually it has gone completely , so not sure what was using it.

Anyway my battery has improved drastically I'm now on 22hrs with 78% battery remaining, so much better ,that gpsd was really causing drastic battery drain.

cheers:)

That's strange, I'm on orange and I can't see an update on kies :confused:. Did you have to do anything special in particular to get it to update?

It seems that Orange and T-Mobile are the only carrier not to have released JB in the UK as yet.

General opinion is that they are trying to force people to upgrade to the EE 4G tarrifs with an S3 LTE that already has JB installed.

Pretty low in my opinion if that is the case.

General opinion from who? I know it's hard to believe but OS versions are a factor in a very small percentage of customers buying decisions.

Having some experience of them I'd suggest incompetence/indifference/having much bigger fish to fry is more likely the reason.

It seems that Orange and T-Mobile are the only carrier not to have released JB in the UK as yet.

General opinion is that they are trying to force people to upgrade to the EE 4G tarrifs with an S3 LTE that already has JB installed.

Pretty low in my opinion if that is the case.

I'm with T-mobile but managed to update to JB through kies fine? :confused:

I had a huge firmware upgrade.....but it wasnt JB! Took an hour! grrrr

Right need to just get the bog standard one now, get rid of all of the Orange stuff. Time for a read up.

Back
Top Bottom