***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

OK, I cracked and upgraded to stock jelly bean using odin... Wow, it really couldn't be easier! I can't believe I waited for kies for so long.

To anyone still waiting I'd wholeheartedly recommend it :)

I don't get why anyone waits for updates on this phone.

I sort of get using samsung software if you want any of the bonkers stuff they include with touchwiz but other than that.. some other build for gods sake people! Much much better!

well i still havn't been able to update on orange at all

search for s3 jellybean on orange on google and you still get the same articles that show that every network has released it apart from orange. i'm starting to think i may as well buy myself out of my contract and go somewhere else. orange is ignoring the customer. they have said nothing or released any info

well i still havn't been able to update on orange at all

search for s3 jellybean on orange on google and you still get the same articles that show that every network has released it apart from orange. i'm starting to think i may as well buy myself out of my contract and go somewhere else. orange is ignoring the customer. they have said nothing or released any info

Use Odin to update manually to the latest stock JellyBean. :) It is very quick and easy to guide you through it even if you haven't ever used Odin before.

i have downloaded the stuff ready to do it but 3 days ago i saw that orange customers were now updating. i don't want to brick my s3 as i cannot afford to buy a new one. plus what if i want to get jellybean 4.2 in december (official orange one) keis won't support my upgrade as i downloaded a different jellybean, not the official one.

thank you for the help though, but why should i have to wait? it makes no sense. orange released this update in poland for my model s3 ages ago............ i can also go into orange a buy a new phone with it on as standard. why can i not get it on mine. it makes no sense at all, especially when every other network has released a statement about the update.

i don't understand. i've been patient. if i'm honest i'm seriously considering just ditching and getting an iphone5 on a different network. they may not be as good as the s3 but you get customer support leagues ahead of samsung and google

I was worried about bricking mine when I updated it the first time but seriously, there is probably 0.01% chance of that happening, just watch the youtube video. This way you can be the first to get the updates even when 4.2 comes out, you don't need to wait for the networks, just update it this way all the time. You get the latest stock rom without all the network carp that they add to it.

will i still be able to download apps from play store. because its essentially me updating and not official will everything still work as normal on my phone?

It is just the same as if your phone says to you 'there's an update!' We're talking about official Smasung/Google ROM's, there's nothing dodgy, you won't void you're warranty, you don't need root, you don't need to be a hacker... it's really very simple.

is it the stock jellybean rom from google or is it the stock jellybean rom with samsungs touchwiz interface?

It is the very latest official stock Jellybean from Samsung (with touchwiz).

will i still be able to download apps from play store. because its essentially me updating and not official will everything still work as normal on my phone?

Everything will work perfectly. I've updated two S3's using the rom from the link I provided above, they all work fine, even better then before infact. Once you realise how easy it is, I guarantee you will always update this way in future. If you are unsure about anything, just post in here.

well i'm gonna try now. don't want to but why not lol

It's fool proof, don't worry and you will be glad you did. As soon as I got my S3 and my wife's, I updated both to the latest official Samsung ROM and since then, I get notified of updates OTA just like anyone else, and can also install the latest official release via odin at any time. It is totally worth it

well im doing it now with the video, done exactly everything it has said and while the guy in the video has completed i've got nowhere. his was fast mine is taking ages lol

Back
Top Bottom