***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I gave you this link earlier: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

Download the ROM from the top link there. Install via Odin.

Yeah thats what I was looking at, thanks for the link.

I havnt rooted etc it is completely bog standard and all this stuff "scares me" If I mess up my pc etc its "easy" for me as I know what I am doing, I havnt got a clue about this and dont want to break anything lol

well when you flash that firmware to your phone, it's as simple as installing windows

Probably easier because you don't need drivers for anything, they're already there :)

And if you bork your phone up and it wont boot, plug it back into the pc, run odin again and 99.999999999999% of the time, that'll fix it :)

You need to be either trying to do so, or just seriously unlucky to completely brick an android phone

well when you flash that firmware to your phone, it's as simple as installing windows

Probably easier because you don't need drivers for anything, they're already there :)

And if you bork your phone up and it wont boot, plug it back into the pc, run odin again and 99.999999999999% of the time, that'll fix it :)

You need to be either trying to do so, or just seriously unlucky to completely brick an android phone

Thank you both for the help, last question, do I need to be rooted to flash the firmware?

does anybody else find the audio output really poor using the headphone out socket?

i have it connected to a hi fi in the kitchen and using the stock player it all sounds a bit low volume and naff

installed player pro trail earlier and this has improved it a little bit but i am still a bit dissapointed

i think i read the dac in the samsung should be really good for music?

i am currently on jellybean official is it worth rooting and installing a volume hack

Well I think I've fixed all my issues - flashed the basic ROM to it which is great as it gets rid of all the branding on it, and it's now running smooth as silk, and power consumption seems to have improved too.

does anybody else find the audio output really poor using the headphone out socket?

i have it connected to a hi fi in the kitchen and using the stock player it all sounds a bit low volume and naff

installed player pro trail earlier and this has improved it a little bit but i am still a bit dissapointed

i think i read the dac in the samsung should be really good for music?

i am currently on jellybean official is it worth rooting and installing a volume hack

Use USB out or A2DP. At the moment you are basically running two amps, the hifi geeks will tell you this is a bad idea..

Back
Top Bottom