***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Pooper. It's rooted, so I don't want that one :( Thanks though. Guess I have to wait a little longer...

Notification panel can be customized?!?! Sounds good!

**EDIT** And of course, silly me, I'm on I9305 now...

Well after my posts about my S3 apparently bricking itself, I sent it off for repair.

It sounds like the RAM or Memory died as they've done a full rebuild and a brand new mainboard on it. They had it as repaired but during testing it failed again so under warranty replaced the internals.

Not recived it back yet though.

Anyone here use Location History on their S3?

I have it enabled for GNow to work better but, since the 8th Nov, the phone shows "no location history" when I choose any day from 8th Nov onwards. If I look on the Latitude website, the history is showing fine for these days, it's just not showing on my phone.

Anyone else that is using this having the problem?

I have tried clearing the data etc but still no joy. It's as if the phone is not getting the info from Google for some reason.

Seems to be about the time I updated to latest Wanam.

Anyone have a definitive wiping/restore cycle for when they're updating/swapping ROMs?

For whatever reason CWM always leaves all the data/trash from apps on the internal SD for me, which then requires a further factory reset after updating. And I think I may start using that titanium backup as re-installing and re-configuring is starting to get slightly old.

Would i be ok putting 4.1.2 (posted above) onto my phone even though it is not rooted? I have an unlocked s3 running stock jelly bean which i flashed using Odin last month. Is it just a case of doing the same thing with 4.1.2? Sorry if it seems a silly question, I'm just pretty new to all of this and wanted to double check! If anybody could give me a quick yes or no that would be great, thanks. :)

Would i be ok putting 4.1.2 (posted above) onto my phone even though it is not rooted? I have an unlocked s3 running stock jelly bean which i flashed using Odin last month. Is it just a case of doing the same thing with 4.1.2? Sorry if it seems a silly question, I'm just pretty new to all of this and wanted to double check! If anybody could give me a quick yes or no that would be great, thanks. :)

Yes but it will be rooted after you flash the above image.

any idea where the hell the JB for orange is ?

even payg phones have it now and nothing here !!

the rumour is that they are holding back.

orange like t-mobile is part of the ee network that has launched 4g in the uk

t-mobile customers are the budget end customers and orange are the high end ones. apparently orange want their customers to upgrade to the s3 lte on 4g (apparently you can pay 90 quid if you bought an s3 months ago and get a new lte one on ee for slightly more money and your contract starts again)

the lte phone comes with jellybean as standard. it may be a scam as it's very very very odd considering orange was one of the first networks to release jellybean outside the uk on their s3's.

it says a lot about their customer support. i gave up waiting for it. just download another one

Yes but it will be rooted after you flash the above image.
Thanks for the reply!

I've been on 4.1.2 for around 30 minutes now and everything seems fine. It deleted some of my homescreens and app/widget shortcuts but i soon readded them, but apart from that it seems very stable and snappy. It did add a few bits of bloatware which may put some people off.

The multi-window feature is great. So far it has been flawless with all of the apps i have tried. I can certainly see myself using this feature on a daily basis and I'm glad it has been shipped over from the Note II :)

The S3 just continues to get better! Happy days... :D

My 4 month old s3 suddenly died today and wouldnt even light up or turn on :( it was fine an hour previous.

Totally stock, never dropped/not even a scratch... its gone back to Vodafone for a repair.

Back
Top Bottom