***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Right, I've had enough of this phone now, I had the cut and paste breaking issue a while back, so waited for the 4.1 update to see if that would fix it without the hassle of a factory reset. JB came, didn't fix the issue, so I reluctantly reset the phone and got it working again.
Flash to a week later, and its broken again, what the hell is up with this phone? If that's not bad enough, since the JB update I can't charge it overnight, because if I do, once it's charged, it starts making the 'connected to charger' noise periodically until its disconnected. Which is loud enough to wake me at night.
Please God let more Nexus 4 stock happen soon!

We're still waiting on JB Domination 1.5, I guess it's going to be a while longer for 4.1.2 support! AndroidGX in the mean time by the looks of things then.

hows does the smart screen thing work? ive enabled it lol

Right, I've had enough of this phone now, I had the cut and paste breaking issue a while back, so waited for the 4.1 update to see if that would fix it without the hassle of a factory reset. JB came, didn't fix the issue, so I reluctantly reset the phone and got it working again.
Flash to a week later, and its broken again, what the hell is up with this phone? If that's not bad enough, since the JB update I can't charge it overnight, because if I do, once it's charged, it starts making the 'connected to charger' noise periodically until its disconnected. Which is loud enough to wake me at night.
Please God let more Nexus 4 stock happen soon!

Sounds bizarre, perhaps the charging thing is a coincidence and your connector is gunked up with dirt/moisture?

I'm on a custom ROM of course but have yet to see the copy/paste bug but sadly it's a bummer the Clipboard app has vanished.

Sounds bizarre, perhaps the charging thing is a coincidence and your connector is gunked up with dirt/moisture?
No, the phone is fine until it hits full charge, then it seems to soft disconnect from the charger, which is fair enough, but then after a few minutes when it's used some juice, it decides to top up, then reconnects to the power, and the phone acts like its a hard reconnect, triggering the noise.
I've nosed about on Google and although it doesn't seem common, I'm certainly not the only one suffering this.

Oh right, in that case you could make it less of an annoyance by deleting the connected/disconnected noise sound file from the systemui audio folder - I've done this as I hated the sound it makes!

Back
Top Bottom