***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Thanks stoosh.

Battery life is quite a bit better on the S3 LTE - for example say 3 hrs screen on time vs 4 on the S3.

OCD here too - I would miss a call if it meant I had to use my phone with slightly dirty hands :D

Haha glad to hear that some of us have gadget OCD! I'm constantly cleaning my S3 and am very reluctant to give it to anyone who wants to have a look at the phone because they may have dirty hands and / or maybe clumsy and drop it :eek:

You would think with the LTE radio the S3 battery would get totally destroyed! That's a good thing then, I hope the Dev scene gathers momentum and Wanamlite et all start to appear on the S3 LTE.

If the notification bar was black instead of grey then I really don't have a problem with the look and feel without having to theme (apart from the icons in settings screens!) but sadly it must be themes due to the grey bar background :(

If the notification bar was black instead of grey then I really don't have a problem with the look and feel without having to theme (apart from the icons in settings screens!) but sadly it must be themes due to the grey bar background :(

mrk there's a black status bar download link in XDA.

Go to post #7559

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1705866&page=756

I'm going to wait until JB Dom hits 1.5 before trying out this ROM.

You would think with the LTE radio the S3 battery would get totally destroyed! That's a good thing then, I hope the Dev scene gathers momentum and Wanamlite et all start to appear on the S3 LTE.

The LTE radio is the latest 28nm part so quite efficient compared to GEN1 LTE.

I've stuck mine in 3G mode only as I don't have a rip-off 4G contract :D.

The LTE radio is the latest 28nm part so quite efficient compared to GEN1 LTE.

I've stuck mine in 3G mode only as I don't have a rip-off 4G contract :D.

Interesting fact that about the radio being 28nm Samsung have it sorted!

With 3G mode you'll get a very decent battery life. TBH other than faster downloads and maybe online games I really don't see the point of having 4G. The networks are doing extremely well with 3G. Web browsing and other day to day stuff run extremely well for me. 4G can wait!! :p

Ah it appears to be beta due to 2 bugs so I'll await it to be fixed but I'm really hoping JB 1.5 is out soon since 4.1.2 is now pretty much solid.

Yep, best waiting and let the bugs get sorted. Vertimus stated on his twitter feed that work will start this Monday on 4.1.2 compatible JB Dom theme so it shouldn't be long until 1.5 is released. :)

Weird how I saw problems I guess, although I did flash stock toggles so maybe that was why, just remembered that!

All fine now though, back to default Wanam :)

Weird how I saw problems I guess, although I did flash stock toggles so maybe that was why, just remembered that!

All fine now though, back to default Wanam :)

Yep it could've been stock toggles that caused the graphical glitches.
Still all good with default Wanam! :)

I'm going to give this ROM a miss until JB Dom is compatible as I really like the look of the theme.

How's the battery life on this new ROM mrk?

Hard to say as it's not a work day so can't tell what it's like outside of WiFi in average reception but right now it's at 3hrs 6mins with 77% left, that's with auto brightness and 1hrs 45mins screen on time.

Hard to say as it's not a work day so can't tell what it's like outside of WiFi in average reception but right now it's at 3hrs 6mins with 77% left, that's with auto brightness and 1hrs 45mins screen on time.

That's not bad going at all especially with the screen time. Sounds extremely promising.

Thanks for the update Mate :)

Seems reasonable yup, I've also frozen some of the new stuff like the paint app and joyn app.

I also flashed that black bar mod again but minus the stock toggles and it's great! I don't think I really need to fuss over waiting for JB Dom any more :p

Seems reasonable yup, I've also frozen some of the new stuff like the paint app and joyn app.

I also flashed that black bar mod again but minus the stock toggles and it's great! I don't think I really need to fuss over waiting for JB Dom any more :p

Really? That's good news! I might flash the ROM tomorrow then depending on if I get time.
Are the icons at the top i.e. battery, signal etc in the usual Samsung colours with toggles also being green in colour?

Really? That's good news! I might flash the ROM tomorrow then depending on if I get time.
Are the icons at the top i.e. battery, signal etc in the usual Samsung colours with toggles also being green in colour?

They are Samsung colours yeah but looks nice enough I guess, see here:

Screenshot_2012-11-17-22-49-56.png

Screenshot_2012-11-17-22-48-30.png

Screenshot_2012-11-17-22-50-00.png

I have chosen the green colour theme in Nova Launcher just so it fits in better :p

Back
Top Bottom