***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I tend to use the SkyGo app (well I will be again, once they update it for JB), and I gather that even if you root, then unroot, it can tell, and blocks access. So rooting isn't really an option unfortunately, even temporarily.

Anyone have a definitive wiping/restore cycle for when they're updating/swapping ROMs?

For whatever reason CWM always leaves all the data/trash from apps on the internal SD for me, which then requires a further factory reset after updating. And I think I may start using that titanium backup as re-installing and re-configuring is starting to get slightly old.

Since 4.1.2 Wanamlite is now out, I think I'll re-ask this :p

If your phone already has official jellybean is there anything to gain from rooting and putting these roms on? Arent they just made using leaks of the software so not as stable?

Figured they were mostly just for people that wanted to try the new software before it was available on their devices?

Am i reading right a couple pages back that you can flash these roms without even rooting? I thought they required root access to even flash a rom?

Everything i thought i knew is bogus lol.

At the mo i have a completely stock three locked s3 with jellybean. Exactly what do i need to do in order to get wanamlite running on it if anyone would be so kind. Happy to root if required etc just need to know what i need and how to do it lol.

What is the best way to transfer multiple files like pictures?
The SGS1 was brilliant, I had 2 drives appearing in Explorer and they acted like normal drives but the S3 uses this stupid MTP mode and I can only transfer 1 picture at a time before it locks up.
I downloaded SGS3 Easy UMS which has worked but doesn't want to now (or is very hit & miss).
The trouble with Easy UMS is that the Phone drive is still in MTP mode and I want both Phone & Card in UMS mode.
Help.

Kona, is that a Nexus 4 is see in your hand in the other thread? You didn't just add another phone to your Android collection? :D

If so it'll be interesting to read your comments on the S3 LTE vs Nexus 4.

Also what screen protector if any are you using on your S3?

Cheers

That's a GNex stoosh - I've spent a fair bit this month and another phone would be a total waste on me :D

No screen protectors on my phones - can't stand them :)

I wouldn't bother. ICS was more stable (and I miss ICS Browser).

Quick ICS works on JB.

That's a GNex stoosh - I've spent a fair bit this month and another phone would be a total waste on me :D

No screen protectors on my phones - can't stand them :)

Wow nice pic of the GNex Mate! Looks totally awesome :)

How's the battery life of the GNex compared with the S3 LTE?

I'm in the same boat as you I've spent quite a bit too..besides it would've been total greed getting another phone when I'm extremely happy with my S3.

I have Gadget OCD and have to install a screen protector on my phones otherwise I wouldn't even take the phone out of my pocket. :eek:

Thanks stoosh.

Battery life is quite a bit better on the S3 LTE - for example say 3 hrs screen on time vs 4 on the S3.

OCD here too - I would miss a call if it meant I had to use my phone with slightly dirty hands :D

flashed wanamlite last night . had to unlock and root.. works great and very happy with it . was a lot easier than i thought .
Took longer to back with kies than it was to flash the rom .. No more waiting for updates via orange !!

My phone won't update to 4.1 on the phone it downloads the update and then restart at comes up with the little green droid and gets to 26% then has a red symbol with the droid keeled over and restarts ands is still on 4.0

What can I do to try and update it another way?

Back
Top Bottom