***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Join the club. Mine back with Sammy at the moment - same thing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34141825#post34141825

Balls, looks like this could be a major problem for the s3, a ticking time bomb?

Im back on my old Galaxy S.

Did either of you have any prior warning beforehand? Because mine went completely dead for about 5 minutes and then came back to life, I'm wondering if this is the beginning of the end or a lucky escape...

Thanks for the screenshots mrk. It does look nice especially since you've themed it via Nova Launcher. I can't wait for Wanam to start messing about with the official ROM once its finished. The S3 just goes from strength to strength and you got to hand it to Samsung they are getting the ROMs out fairly quickly with decent features.

Bizarre problem with my S3, it seems to think I am in Singapore?!

First noticed the weather widget (eye in the sky) reporting it as being 32*c, but it even says Singapore on the map! This is when connected via mobile internet. Enabling the GPS fixes the location but it goes back to Singapore again once disabled...

Using the Android Revolution HD 15.1 ROM and Three network.

I may have found a bug in 4.1.2 regarding GPS, after a while of using satnav you lose GPS signal and must reboot to get it locked on again. Happened many times today on the drive to London.

What modem is the one that comes with LK4? My phone is on DLJ1 which is what it was on before :/

I may have found a bug in 4.1.2 regarding GPS, after a while of using satnav you lose GPS signal and must reboot to get it locked on again. Happened many times today on the drive to London.

What modem is the one that comes with LK4? My phone is on DLJ1 which is what it was on before :/

It seems that there's quite a few users complaining about GPS at XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931&page=696

Posts 6956 and 6960 offer up some solutions.

Does anyone know how to get the split screen mode up? I can get it by holding down the home button and then pressing on the storage icon. After that I get the blue tab on the left which allows me to drag different apps on screen for split screen but there must be a quicker/proper way to enable it?

Last edited:
The right back key does it. Just hold it for a few seconds.

And Im sure I read somewhere you can set up a quick launch button (in the pull down notification bit) but cant seem to find it.

*edit* try Settings -> Display -> Notification panel. Ive added multi-view to the list but it doesnt show for me for some reason. Think because im using a custom toggle (left from wanam 4.3)

Last edited:
The right back key does it. Just hold it for a few seconds.

And Im sure I read somewhere you can set up a quick launch button (in the pull down notification bit) but cant seem to find it.

*edit* try Settings -> Display -> Notification panel. Ive added multi-view to the list but it doesnt show for me for some reason. Think because im using a custom toggle (left from wanam 4.3)

oh yeah, that's cool - sorted!

Anyone have a definitive wiping/restore cycle for when they're updating/swapping ROMs?

For whatever reason CWM always leaves all the data/trash from apps on the internal SD for me, which then requires a further factory reset after updating. And I think I may start using that titanium backup as re-installing and re-configuring is starting to get slightly old.

Since reverting is being discussed, I'll re-ask the above :p

Just the usual Factory/Data wipe in CWM is enough. Folder will get left on internal storage cards because those aren't wiped unless you choose to reformat the storage :)

That's not a problem though as those folder only contain app data the app uses, not really anything to do with the system itself!

Back
Top Bottom