***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Back on wanam. Still not impressed with all the random apps and processes that come with the Samsung based roms. Probably frozen over 20 apps/services and the phone is running fine so I have no idea what they do :p

I've gone back to Samsung stock because there's been a few users here on this forum whose S3's have died suddenly and I was having a look at XDA and there's a thread which is 7 pages long all of whom have suffered the same fate over the past few days.

I rather be safe than sorry and don't want to invalidate my warranty should my S3 do the same.

So I used Triangle away and flashed the latest UK ROM using Odin.

It was all rather painless but I can't change the CSC code using the *#*272IMEI# trick on the dial pad. Can anyone please assist on how I can change the CSC please?

Is your phone not a UK one then?

I have never needed to change csc on mine!

Since resetting mine and reinstalling previous Wanam I've seen stronger mobile reception too here at

Also gps lock in 2seconds :-D

Is your phone not a UK one then?

I have never needed to change csc on mine!

Since resetting mine and reinstalling previous Wanam I've seen stronger mobile reception too here at

Also gps lock in 2seconds :-D

Its definitely a UK one as I bought it from Clove but it has defaulted to KOR for some reason after flashing the latest UK ROM from Samfirmwares website.

That's really strange that you've got stronger reception since flashing back to a previous Wanam! How cool is that?

I miss the Wanamlite ROM already if I wasn't so worried about these S3's suddenly dying I would go back to Wanam immediately!

Its definitely a UK one as I bought it from Clove but it has defaulted to KOR for some reason after flashing the latest UK ROM from Samfirmwares website.

That's really strange that you've got stronger reception since flashing back to a previous Wanam! How cool is that?

I miss the Wanamlite ROM already if I wasn't so worried about these S3's suddenly dying I would go back to Wanam immediately!

since having an s3 ive never used stock lol so not sure how it differs from Wanam

i must try it one day :)

i thought you can use any official stock rom on s3 and it will still be in warranty?

since having an s3 ive never used stock lol so not sure how it differs from Wanam

i must try it one day :)

i thought you can use any official stock rom on s3 and it will still be in warranty?

Yes you can use any Samsung Stock ROM however once you've rooted and installed custom firmware then unfortunately your warranty is invalidated.

Although Wanam is based on Samsung Stock firmware its unfortunately still custom albeit a very good one!

Yes you can use any Samsung Stock ROM however once you've rooted and installed custom firmware then unfortunately your warranty is invalidated.

Although Wanam is based on Samsung Stock firmware its unfortunately still custom albeit a very good one!

sorry i meant official stock from different regions like india, korea etc

as long as its the official one (not custom) so having KOR CSC should not matter?

or am i missing something?

Your mention was the first I have heard about the dying phones but it does seem weird aye :/

The increased mobile reception is weird too! Normally at work here I'd see 2-3 bars but it's full bars right now! The battery meter screen shows more solid green than usual too for reception.

This is on DLJ1 modem that comes with previous Wanam btw. I'mon 3.

Had a real world use for the multi-pane thing today. Had to fill out a form in the browser from details in an email, worked really well and better than holding home button and switching between them constantly :)

One thing though, I couldn't drag an app from the list into the side bar. Anyone have this problem?

I thought wanam was modded to support all apps? Initially I had all the apps in the side panel but removed some I didn't need (adfree for example), but trying to re-add them didn't work.

Whats the latest Wanam lite guys? 4.1.2?

I have 4.0 on and didn't do full wipe, cache wipe etc and had a few reboots over the weekend, need to do a full wipe and flash

Mart

Yes Mate 4.1.2 is available but it's a little buggy so I'd upgrade to 4.1.1 until a stable release comes out.

I'm thinking sod this sudden death S3 syndrome am going to re root and install Wanam again as the ROM is fantastic

Guys,

Just seen an S3 dummy on display whilst shopping, and the size and shape appealed, but didn't have time to stop and investigate, and I will have a look through this thread, but 522 pages is a lot in one go :eek:

Is the S3 a decent phone? Worth getting for Internet and email (live.co.uk)? Solidly built?

It was sat next to a Galaxy Note 2 I assume? (looked the same just bigger?) anyone know how they compare?

Cheers me dears :D

Guys,

Just seen an S3 dummy on display whilst shopping, and the size and shape appealed, but didn't have time to stop and investigate, and I will have a look through this thread, but 522 pages is a lot in one go :eek:

Is the S3 a decent phone? Worth getting for Internet and email (live.co.uk)? Solidly built?

It was sat next to a Galaxy Note 2 I assume? (looked the same just bigger?) anyone know how they compare?

Note 2 is bigger yeah :)

It's a brilliant phone for web browsing and emails, can't really go wrong with that! It's also good for other stuff too of course :p

Guys,

Yes great phone - fast, smooth, awesome camera+ vidcamera, sd slot, mega lush screen.

You could also get the LTE version if your with tmob/orange - gets an extra 1GB RAM and it's grey vs blue/white and is the same price as the standard S3 IIRC.

Thanks chaps, was just about to ask how is the screen? :)

Is it worth getting it on Orange? I assume the extra 1GB of ram is to deal with the LTE? I'm currently on Vodafone which have been quite good with signal?

Screen is 720p SuperAM-OLED - very pretty!

LTE doesn't use any extra RAM - It's just a spec bump/refresh. Can use it on a standard 3G contract like I'm doing.

here's mine:

3_zps953d6aae.jpg

1_zpsc6ee0dc0.jpg

2_zps81b60500.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom