***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Ok! I followed the root guide sucessfully. So what should I do next??

Should I install a custom ROM?
Can I just install a Stock JB ROM

How do I back up everything? For instance things like whatsapp contacts and photos etc.
I have backed up my contacts and photos on KIES, what I don't understand so much effective that is after I install a ROM, i.e can I install a ROM over the existing one, without wiping photos and contacts.

Last edited:
How do I back up everything? For instance things like whatsapp contacts and photos etc.
I have backed up my contacts and photos on KIES, what I don't understand so much effective that is after I install a ROM, i.e can I install a ROM over the existing one, without wiping photos and contacts.

If you want to back everything up, just reboot into recovery (power on with home button+volume up I think), and do a backup in recovery. This will create an image of the phone in it's current state. Some apps such as Whatsapp backup chat history on the sd card. You don't need to touch the internal/external storage when flashing roms.

As for flashing new roms, contacts are stored in your google account, and photos will be on your sd card. When you do a full wipe and install a new rom, its just the rom and apps that are wiped.

Yeah I flash v4.3 and just done JBDomination now. Didn't bother reading properly though so just rebooting and now I might actually have a notification bar. :D

Back
Top Bottom