***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

12 month deals will always be extremely bad value for money vs 24m unless the difference in cost is worth it to you. Voda just came out with some 12 month rolling deal but i honestly have no idea of the details despite working for them, it might work out cheaper than the above.

Stealth edit: it's phone rental, don't do it.

I have been on 12 month contract for years now and the idea of being tied to a 24 month one seems horrible, what if I want to swap phones? I have to buy out the rest of the contract don't I?

I have been on 12 month contract for years now and the idea of being tied to a 24 month one seems horrible, what if I want to swap phones? I have to buy out the rest of the contract don't I?

Yep or just buy the phone outright as i normally do so being on a 24mth contract doesnt bother me. In all honesty i dont really do phone upgrades through my network anymore...think in the past 10 yrs ive been with Tmo, ive upgraded only twice with a new phone, which i then sold on and bought the phone outright.

Absolutely despise networks and their stupidity when branding a phone. They tend to ruin a perfectly good phone with their **** they put on it.

I need some help. My S3 has been lagging majorly since the past 1-2 weeks (since i uninstalled GoSMS). The device was showing some slowing down so i decided to uninstall GoSMS and use the stock messaging service. However for the past 1-2 weeks my frames have dropped significantly (when scrolling left and right).

Whenever i type texts, the letters do not register till after a few seconds. I could get a video for you guys to see the delay.
Dont know much about android apart from me running JB.

how many texts do you have on the phone? It really lags when you've got a few thousand on it.

My S2 contract is up in 3 days time so I am doing my usual of getting prices from various sources, making notes, calling Orange to see the offers, saying they are rubbish then calling back few days later to speak to the retentions people to see what they offer instead.

£220 for the phone, £29.82 pm, unlimited text, 400 mins, 12 month contract (what I am on currently). The net they add on as a bundle. Comes to £637 total. Doesn't seem to bad but not sure what to do. I can sell my S2 and pay for the S3 handset almost with that. Not sure if I really need an upgrade at all.

No data?

If it was me, I think I could find a BNIB for around £300 and then get a Three, £15 pm AYCE unlimited data sim.

Looks like the usb port on mine is dying :( luckily I can transfer anything I need over AirDroid and I have a battery charger lying around so I should be alright until I get time to get it sorted.

Thats why I hate mini-usb ports or any smaller USB variants, and tbh I hugely miss apples 30pin connector. I have lost count how many devices I've messed up due to weak ports.

My 2 month old S3 already has a wobbly port and I always take care of my kit :/

Which of the networks puts the least amount of crap on their phones? I am looking at either getting the nexus 4 or possibly an S3 as you can get a decent deal on contract. However i like the thought of going stock android. I've always had orange phones which are full of their bloatware. So i dont really want android+touchwiz+network crap if possible.

No worries Mate.

Did you install 4.4?

I'm getting fantastic battery life out of it and it's as smooth as anything! :D

Yep installed yesterday and its working like a dream, the last update caused a few issues ie random reboots and GPS not locking or losing the lock after a few mins. Plus JB domination wasnt working but now with 4.4 im back up running like normal.

Such a beautiful fast ROM and no issues so far.

Back
Top Bottom