***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I can't seem to update Google Now. Gives me a error when it tries to install. Something about package certificate. I was on Wanam 4.2 and figured it was because of that. Updated to 4.4 but no change. Don't really want to do a wipe.

Try going to /system/app and deleting GoogleSearchWidget.apk

Restart and re-install Google Search from the play store?

Still waiting for JB on SGS3 T-Mobile Uk. Not happy.

Yep I have given up hope, and rooted but now at am a loss.

I would be really appreciative if someone could explain in detail if I can do the following.
Since T-mobile won't upadte us to JB, I have rooted.
Can I now just install an generic JB update via Odin as if it was the OTA/KIES version and have it update my phone and removed the root.

Is it that simple>?

I flashed my S3 with official firmware, my thoughts were screw you T-Mobile! I'll move away from EE as soon as contract expires. I wish they were publicly listed so I could short them, their 4G pricing is hilarious!

Yep, you can also use Mobile Odin Pro and it will preserve root if you tell it to do so. Really good app.

Thankyou.
I want the root to go as skygo has stopped working.

Last but not least. What is CSC? Will I need to change it if I upload a UK release of a stock JB rom?
If I do have to this will wipe my phone, I am assuming from reading what it is, that I won't have to because I have a UK downloaded version. Hopefully.

The file Im downloading is I9300oxadlj4_btu

Last edited:
CSC is the country specific codes, like APN's for networks etc. A stock rom can have a choice of CSC or just one, but even if you have the wrong one it won't make a lot of difference. The UK is BTU iirc, if you do have something else and change it, then it will completely wipe your phone.

CSC is "Customer Sales Code" and only relates to where you are in relation to whether you can receive OTA/Kies updates

Yes, BTU is UK, but there are some carrier specific ones for those of us that AREN'T on T-mob that have already had our JB updates like H3G for 3 for example

Has anyone had any problems with there camera. the past couple of days i've gone into it and i get a black band at the bottom of the screen if i switch to video then back to photo mode it disappears. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm getting my S3 replaced for a brand new one, as it just switched off and now wont turn on. Had it repaired the first time when it wouldn't charge.

Might sell and get the Note 2 !

Same issue mine has. Regeneris deal with yours? Were they a pain? I haven't even sent it off yet, getting to the post office is a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom