***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Guys, can someone tell me what cable I can buy to connect a USB stick/ USB keyboard/mouse and xbox controller to the phone?

Also is there a way to connect the phone via HDMI cable to a TV and then connect an Xbox controller at the same time? Just trying to make use of the device as much as I can, especially over the Christmas period.

Cacking bricks now. My S3 yet again this morning switched itself off whilst walking to the bus stop in the cold. I got on the bus and woke it up so I could check Twitter but it was off. I then tried to power it up and luckily it did.

Going to update to the latest Cyanogen nightly when I get home later today. Maybe it is an issue with the present build I am running.

I've been running the Wanam based on it for the last couple of days. I like it too, although I think you can 'tangle' it up a bit if you try changing multiwindows repeatedly. I'm not sure, but I reckon its not quite as smooth as wanam 4.4. Not enough to bug me, yet. Definitely smoother than that leaked release before though.

I'm still running Wanamlite 4.2.1 with JD 1.4. Battery life has been really good for me. That's the reason I haven't changed it yet. As soon as Wanam starts using 4.2 I'll give it a shot.

doesn't have to be tonight stoosh - whenever you get round to it is fine. :)

@kona I messed up somewhere along the line rooting the S3. It now hangs on the Samsung logo when booting up.

I went into recovery and it's showing a dead android with red exclamation mark over the android.

Rooting the S3 LTE is slightly more trickier than rooting a GSM S3.

You might be waiting a while before I try the ROM again. I have to get the phone working again :(

Congratulations by the way - the proud owner of a N4 8GB!

My order is still pending...

I've tried a handful of Samsung roms and they all irritate me. They just seem to hang so much between apps. Take a photo, click to view in gallery, have to wait around 5 seconds before the gallery even loads. Maybe it's just me, but I've tried the latest Wanam and Omega.

Going back to CM10. Battery may be worse, and the camera is lacking.. but at least it's responsive.

I used

It was pretty painless once I got the SG3 USB to behave :)

Thanks Mate, I'll give it a go.

I've got the phone running again and back to stock EE and unrooted.

My Pebble Blue S3 got dropped off to fonebank today. I was really reluctant to let it go but the sudden death issues related to it meant it had to be sold off. Shame because it was perfect for me.

Am getting to grips with the S3 LTE hopefully the dev scene will pick up soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom