***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I also like the Note II. Just not sure if I could deal with something that size and the ridicule down the pub.

Why would they ridicule you for having a big phone?

What will they say exactly? You have bad eyes and need a huge phone?

I'm sure if I had a note anything they said I could deflect back even worse.

@kona I messed up somewhere along the line rooting the S3. It now hangs on the Samsung logo when booting up.

I went into recovery and it's showing a dead android with red exclamation mark over the android.

Rooting the S3 LTE is slightly more trickier than rooting a GSM S3.

You might be waiting a while before I try the ROM again. I have to get the phone working again :(

Congratulations by the way - the proud owner of a N4 8GB!

My order is still pending...

I see. Good that you've got the phone working now.

Yeah my N4 has arrived, can't even be bothered to play with it 'cos I know I'm not keeping it and its nothing really new to me :D

I cant decide whether to get one of these or not. I want an Andriod 4 phone with replaceable battery and sd card but not sure I need anything this fancy.

I don't tend to change my phones very often, I still use an Iphone 3G, so I want something that will last at least 2-3 years hence not really wanting a budget Andriod phone.

I need to make a decision soon as I have around 120hrs of long haul flights in Jan-Feb and only a Kindle to entertain me at the moment.

What's the chances of these dropping in price after Christmas. I'm looking to get a sim free one and stick a 3 ultimate Sim 200 in it. Sim free prices seem to be stuck around £400 and I'm struggling to justify paying that much.

Chances of the S3 dropping in price after xmas are pretty slim, probably drop when the s4 is out next yr sometime.

Have a look at ebay and see if they are any cheaper.

I paid £500 for my s3 in august...£400 isnt too bad for something as powerful as the s3.

As said, not much chance of prices falling, the GS 2 devices are still selling for >£250 on etailer sites.

If you want removable battery and SD slot, then there are no other phones with those 2 things that can match the GS 3, apart from the note II.

A stock ROM?

Sammobile, XDA stock ROM thread etc, it doesn't matter where as long as it's an unmodified samsungcamera.apk. Or someone else with a ROM already saved could just upload the APK. Copy it to system/app replacing the default one, setting permission to match.

I don't have an S3 any more and deleted anything S3 related unfortunately.

The new stylus of the Note II is giving me many good times and indeed I'm not missing the S3 at all :)

You lucky man Robbie :)

The right decision was made switching from the S3 to the N2. I saw your low level light shots in the N2 thread - very impressive!

I suppose you're going to sell your S3 when it's fixed?

You lucky man Robbie :)

The right decision was made switching from the S3 to the N2. I saw your low level light shots in the N2 thread - very impressive!

I suppose you're going to sell your S3 when it's fixed?

I will indeed! If they send me a new phone then even better, sold as new :D

Thanks for the replies, saving up for an S3 seems to be my best option.

Out of interest what's the general support lifespan for top end phones like these. I assume that, in say, 3 years time there will be no official support or updates but how long are the modding community likely to keep knocking out roms?

I will indeed! If they send me a new phone then even better, sold as new :D

That would be a right result! I've read conflicting results on XDA. Some peeps have been getting their old phones back with a new motherboard, others a referb and some a completely new S3. Its a waiting game!

Strange, they are dropping like flies!

Its the curse of the sudden death! S3's are dropping like flies!

Back
Top Bottom